Phone bills

KathyS

Dec 6, 2015
My mums phone bills are getting out of hand as she is constantly phoning us< last bill over £500. We are arranging a new plan with BT, but is there any way of reminding her not to make so many calls?

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Hello and welcome to Talking Point.

Reminding probably won't work. If you have an answer machine could you turn it off so that unless you pick up there will be no connection and no call charge.

Of course you could get a more agitated and confused Mum because she cannot contact you. Maybe a laminated A4 sheet next to the phone telling her you are not available to take a call between certain times but this can be moved or ignored.

There probably is not an easy answer to the problem and the constant phoning may well pass and be replaced with yet another annoying and costly behaviour.

loveahug

Nov 28, 2012
Moved to Leicester
Can you put her on the inclusive calls plan, or is she calling your mobiles? If its mobiles and she has an internet connection then perhaps get her a VOIP phone and load Skype onto your mobiles?

I'm sure there'll be others offering advice but at £500 per month there must be some way around it.

Good luck!

beverrino

Jan 12, 2015
my mum is with Virgin and I had the call plan changed to include all numbers including mobiles as she was constantly making phone calls. I cant imagine a phone bill like that, I think it will be far easier to look at changing tariffs rather than get her to stop making phone calls, in my opinion. Good luck.