petition re carers allowance

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
For what its worth I have added my name. I was never able to claim the allowance for myself, but carers can never be paid enough.

Nebiroth

Aug 20, 2006
Is this because you are getting state pension?

Don't forget you can still claim for Carer's Premium. This means you can have a higher weekly income but still qualify for Pension Credit. The Credit may or may not be worth much in money terms, but if you qualify for it you qualify for a lot of other things, too.

I'm probably telling you things you already know about however!

Chris Edgerton

Oct 22, 2003
Warwick District
Increase Carers Allowance

PM’s E-Petition

Increase Carers Allowance to better reward those who save the country money by their actions. 10th place 1575 as at 10.21AM 13 February 2007

Come on; sign the PM’s E-Petition!

Click below

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/caring/

For those people under pension age this means that the person is means tested to receive Carers Allowance; if on income support, your income support will be reduced giving you an equivalent of income support plus about another £15 pounds per week. Who says that’s a living? It’s less than the basic state pension!

Nels

Jul 25, 2006
Romford Essex
Hi Chris,

Signed this the other day, although like many others I cannot claim careres allowance, I work 3 days a week and earn over £80 a week so am not eligible... even though I care for my mum with AD, my sister who is learning disabled and MIL. As far as I am aware if you are a pensioner you cannot claim the carers allowance, have heard horror stories about people being over paid by the benefit office and they have clawed it back, how prevelant is this, does anyone know?