1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

Petition power for Jeremy Clarkson

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by Adcat, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Adcat

Adcat Registered User

Jun 15, 2014
    London
    I am sitting on the sofa with my dad (mixed dementia) the news is on. I am pondering the power of Jeremy Clarkson and Top Gear - money spinning world wide success that it apparently is.
    I am wondering what our society would be like if 'Clarkson' power got behind dementia for raising support and awareness for a better deal for carers and their loved ones.
    :confused:

2. Summerheather

Summerheather Registered User

Feb 22, 2015
    Completely agree and as awful as it sounds we actually need more famous people to get AD - perhaps then more money and attention would then be given.

3. Chaucer 1931

Chaucer 1931 Registered User

Mar 30, 2014
    Agreed,we need more famous faces to take up the cause.
    Clarkson would attract a heck of a lot of attention if he were a poster boy for the cause!

4. Miss Merlot

Miss Merlot Registered User

Oct 15, 2012
    I would sign a petition for this guy not to be on TV!

But, yes, wouldn't it be great if the inanities and public outrages pop culture sparks could be redirected to something more constructive...?

5. Saffie

Saffie Registered User

Mar 26, 2011
    Female
    Near Southampton
    I'm with you there Miis M, on both counts.

6. Chemmy

Chemmy Registered User

Nov 7, 2011
    Yorkshire
    I was thinking the same thing:D

7. susy

susy Registered User

Jul 29, 2013
    North East
    He can be cutting, quite frankly idiotic at times and bloody stupid however he is a man with passion and does have a caring side to him. My guess is if he loves someone who starts to suffer with this disease then he would make loud noises and people would listen. I would just worry that he might go off on a tangent and do more harm...... Who can tell?!?!?!?

8. pony-mad

pony-mad Registered User

May 23, 2014
    Mid-Wales
    I'm with Miss M, Saffie and Chemmy on this one! Horrid creature!

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point