Petition for people with dementia of all ages who receive either Attendance Allowance or PIP/DLA

Browny10

Dec 20, 2019
West Herts
Hi Jessbow, I appreciate it was some time back but you said that your Mother only needed state pension to receive Council Tax SMI discount and you said that the council was West Herts. I am unable to find West Hertfordshire Council anywhere on the internet, can you help

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I have launched a new government petition for people with dementia of all ages who receive either Attendance Allowance or PIP/DLA asking the government to backdate both Council Tax Discount and Council Tax Exemption to the date the GP states they started with dementia. https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/614616
Done and shared. We received a discount but certainly wasn't backdated!

MaNaAk

Browny10

Dec 20, 2019
Done and shared. We received a discount but certainly wasn't backdated!

MaNaAk
MaNaAk Yes because of the way the present laws are worded people with dementia can wait months or even years before they receive either 25% discount or if they live alone 100% Exemption. Thank you for signing and sharing.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
MaNaAk Yes because of the way the present laws are worded people with dementia can wait months or even years before they receive either 25% discount or if they live alone 100% Exemption. Thank you for signing and sharing.
Good luck with that @Browny10. Thinking of you and your dear wife.

MaNaAk

Browny10

Dec 20, 2019
#Dementia is a terminal illness without any potential cure where medication can only slow down its progress yet most councils in Wales hold back on allowances in council tax for up to 6 years. Please sign and circulate the petition​