Peter Clarke (Craig Clarke's Dad) Funeral and Celebration

CraigC

Mar 21, 2003
London
Peter Clarke
(August 1933 to April 2012)

Craig and his family would like to thank everyone on Talking Point and at the Alzhiemer's society who has given Peter and our family so much support, kindness and friendship over the years. Without out the support and shared knowledge on this forum we would not have been able to give dad the best care or keep things in perspective. I am sincerely grateful.

Peter had a very full life before he became ill and this is something we all want to celebrate.

Friday 20th April 2012

dad2009.jpg

Last edited:

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello Craig, I am sorry to read your sad news about your dad. My sincere condolences. It's a lovely photo of you and your dad.

turbo

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Craig,

I am so sorry for your loss Craig. It was always so evident how much you loved and cared for your dad. I am sure you will be grateful that your dad is at peace but I am also sure that you will feel the loss very much. You are a wonderful son.
Please accept my sincere condolences.

Love

thatwoman

Mar 25, 2009
Merseyside
Dear Craig,

I'm sorry for your loss. I, too, agree that it's a lovely photo of you and your Dad. I'm glad that your Dad has found peace at last, but I know you will feel the loss greatly. I will be with you in spirit on Friday,

Love from Sue xxx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Craig, I'm so sorry to read your news.

Your dad is at peace now, and I know there will be some consolation for you in that. He had a rough ride over the last few years,

You have been a wonderful son, and have had the support of your own family. No-one could have done more.

My sincere condolences to you all, and a hug for your lovely daughter Sophie.

Last edited:

geum123

May 20, 2009
Hello Craig,
I am so sorry to read of the loss of your dear Dad.
My condolences to you and your family.

Love Geum.
xxx

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
So sorry to read your sad news and sending condolences to you & your family. You are a son any father would have been proud of.

Love

Jancis

Jun 30, 2010
Hampshire
Dear Craig,
Please accept my sincere condolences. Your father must have been a very lovely man. I hope the 20th is a peaceful and uplifting day for you all.
xxxx Jancis

florence43

Jul 1, 2009
London
Dear Craig,

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. May your dear father rest in peace now.

What a beautiful picture of a father and son who clearly, through your pictures and words, have spent their lives meaning so much to each other.

I hope the celebration of his life is everything you hope it will be.

Kindest thoughts,

xxx

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Dear Craig, first of all, of course, my sincere condolences to yourself and your family.

I am amazed at your grace to thank people on TP at this time .... when in fact it is everyone who has ‘walked through this door’ owes that thanks to you for pioneering this forum so many years ago. Through your love and devotion to your father and your insight to create a very special online place to support people with dementia and their families and carers, you know your father’s legacy has already been embraced by so many in his own lifetime.

I hope that legacy will be part of the celebration of his life and what he – and you – have achieved for so many thousands of others. May he rest in peace, blessed by the love of his devoted family and friends and the unspoken thanks from so many others whose lives he has touched, through you, indirectly.

I hope the celebration of his life is exactly as you and he would wish. I am sure it will be. Take care of yourself.

With much love and respect to you, Karen, x

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hello Craig

Condolences of course on your loss. I was privileged to meet your Dad once, and he was a lovely man.

The care you have put into ensuring that his time with dementia was as good for him as such a hard time can be has been inspirational.

As Karen has said, your bringing into being Talking Point, and your consistent helping of others, has been a major benefit to many thousands of people. I can't conceive of how I would have managed without it.

Please give yourself and your family time now to adjust to the changed circumstances, and have some 'you' time.

Rest in Peace, Peter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife