Peter Clarke (Craig Clarke's Dad) Funeral and Celebration

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Support discussions' started by CraigC, Apr 15, 2012.

1. CraigC

CraigC Registered User

Mar 21, 2003
    London
    #1 CraigC, Apr 15, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
    Peter Clarke
    (August 1933 to April 2012)

Craig and his family would like to thank everyone on Talking Point and at the Alzhiemer's society who has given Peter and our family so much support, kindness and friendship over the years. Without out the support and shared knowledge on this forum we would not have been able to give dad the best care or keep things in perspective. I am sincerely grateful.

Peter had a very full life before he became ill and this is something we all want to celebrate.

Friday 20th April 2012

dad2009.jpg

2. Contrary Mary

Contrary Mary Registered User

Jun 11, 2010
    Greater London
    Sending sincere condolences at this sad time. I shall be thinking of you on Friday.

Mary

3. Mun

Mun Registered User

Mar 19, 2012
    South Yorkshire
    CraigC,
    Beautiful photograph of you & your beloved dad. My thoughts are with you & your family xx

Val

4. maryw

maryw Registered User

Nov 16, 2008
    Surrey
    Please accept my sincere condolences on your very sad loss. Wonderful photo.

5. turbo

turbo Registered User

Aug 1, 2007
    Hello Craig, I am sorry to read your sad news about your dad. My sincere condolences. It's a lovely photo of you and your dad.

turbo

6. Helen33

Helen33 Registered User

Jul 20, 2008
    Dear Craig,

I am so sorry for your loss Craig. It was always so evident how much you loved and cared for your dad. I am sure you will be grateful that your dad is at peace but I am also sure that you will feel the loss very much. You are a wonderful son.
    Please accept my sincere condolences.

Love

7. scarletpauline

scarletpauline Registered User

Jul 19, 2009
    Leicestershire
    I am sorry to hear of your loss, the photo is wonderful, such a good memory. Love and hugs Pauline xxx

8. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    Sending my sincere condolences.

9. thatwoman

thatwoman Registered User

Mar 25, 2009
    Merseyside
    Dear Craig,

I'm sorry for your loss. I, too, agree that it's a lovely photo of you and your Dad. I'm glad that your Dad has found peace at last, but I know you will feel the loss greatly. I will be with you in spirit on Friday,

Love from Sue xxx

10. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    #10 Skye, Apr 15, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
    Craig, I'm so sorry to read your news.

Your dad is at peace now, and I know there will be some consolation for you in that. He had a rough ride over the last few years,

You have been a wonderful son, and have had the support of your own family. No-one could have done more.

My sincere condolences to you all, and a hug for your lovely daughter Sophie.

11. geum123

geum123 Registered User

May 20, 2009
    Hello Craig,
    I am so sorry to read of the loss of your dear Dad.
    My condolences to you and your family.

Love Geum.
    xxx

12. susiesue

susiesue Registered User

Mar 15, 2007
    Herts
    So sorry to read your sad news and sending condolences to you & your family. You are a son any father would have been proud of.

Love

13. Jancis

Jancis Registered User

Jun 30, 2010
    Hampshire
    Dear Craig,
    Please accept my sincere condolences. Your father must have been a very lovely man. I hope the 20th is a peaceful and uplifting day for you all.
    xxxx Jancis

14. milly123

milly123 Registered User

Mar 15, 2009
    England
    sorry to hear your sad news will be thinking of you and your family in the coming weeks Milly

15. florence43

florence43 Registered User

Jul 1, 2009
    London
    Dear Craig,

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. May your dear father rest in peace now.

What a beautiful picture of a father and son who clearly, through your pictures and words, have spent their lives meaning so much to each other.

I hope the celebration of his life is everything you hope it will be.

Kindest thoughts,

xxx

16. Tender Face

Tender Face Account Closed

Mar 14, 2006
    NW England
    Dear Craig, first of all, of course, my sincere condolences to yourself and your family.

I am amazed at your grace to thank people on TP at this time .... when in fact it is everyone who has ‘walked through this door’ owes that thanks to you for pioneering this forum so many years ago. Through your love and devotion to your father and your insight to create a very special online place to support people with dementia and their families and carers, you know your father’s legacy has already been embraced by so many in his own lifetime.

I hope that legacy will be part of the celebration of his life and what he – and you – have achieved for so many thousands of others. May he rest in peace, blessed by the love of his devoted family and friends and the unspoken thanks from so many others whose lives he has touched, through you, indirectly.

I hope the celebration of his life is exactly as you and he would wish. I am sure it will be. Take care of yourself.

With much love and respect to you, Karen, x

17. lupo

lupo Registered User

Jun 11, 2011
    Sincere condolenses at this sad and difficult time x

18. Brucie

Brucie Registered User

Jan 31, 2004
    near London
    Hello Craig

Condolences of course on your loss. I was privileged to meet your Dad once, and he was a lovely man.

The care you have put into ensuring that his time with dementia was as good for him as such a hard time can be has been inspirational.

As Karen has said, your bringing into being Talking Point, and your consistent helping of others, has been a major benefit to many thousands of people. I can't conceive of how I would have managed without it.

Please give yourself and your family time now to adjust to the changed circumstances, and have some 'you' time.

Rest in Peace, Peter.

19. sussexsue

sussexsue Registered User

Jun 10, 2009
    West Sussex
    That picture just says it all. Sorry for your loss.

Sue xx

20. Linda Mc

Linda Mc Registered User

Jul 3, 2005
    Nr Mold
    So sorry Craig a sad time for you and the family. Your dear dad is at peace now.