Personal tracking device

Alolla

Mar 31, 2014
London
Yesterday my husband told me he was going for a little walk to the top of our street and back. Almost four hours later, after having contacted local police who had started searching for him, a black cab pulled up to the house with my husband in it. He had wandered all the way down to Park Lane (central London). I think it's time to get a personal tracking device for him. Does anyone know if such a device exists and where I can get one?

Many thanks.

I'd like to wish everyone on this forum peaceful holidays and a good new year.

Cloverland

Jun 9, 2014
Yesterday my husband told me he was going for a little walk to the top of our street and back. Almost four hours later, after having contacted local police who had started searching for him, a black cab pulled up to the house with my husband in it. He had wandered all the way down to Park Lane (central London). I think it's time to get a personal tracking device for him. Does anyone know if such a device exists and where I can get one?

Many thanks.

I'd like to wish everyone on this forum peaceful holidays and a good new year.

I know the perfect tracking device, my dad has one. I will in box you as moderators get upset if I mention by name.

PS. Have in boxed you.

Last edited:

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
You can get tracking devices and other useful things through your local telecare team for free. Contact social services/ OT. We got a Buddi for free and they are expensive if you have to buy them.

farrand

Jun 4, 2013
hampshire
You can get tracking devices and other useful things through your local telecare team for free. Contact social services/ OT. We got a Buddi for free and they are expensive if you have to buy them.

my husband has had a "mind-me" tracker for about six weeks now. it has proved a god send and certainly brings peace of mind. i can see where he is on my computer and get a text if he goes out of bounds.

Badietta

Feb 23, 2013
Hi Cloverland

Would you mind PM me as well. I don't think I can survive another one of these.

Thanks

sharonjb

Dec 30, 2014
Kent
I know the perfect tracking device, my dad has one. I will in box you as moderators get upset if I mention by name.

PS. Have in boxed you.

Could you inbox me too please - my Dad got separated from my Mum yesterday and was missing in the dark freezing weather for nearly 7 hours. Police, family, neighbours even the bus drivers were all looking - luckily he was found and was OK but I need all the help I can get now in case this ever happens again.

Cloverland

Jun 9, 2014
Could you inbox me too please - my Dad got separated from my Mum yesterday and was missing in the dark freezing weather for nearly 7 hours. Police, family, neighbours even the bus drivers were all looking - luckily he was found and was OK but I need all the help I can get now in case this ever happens again.

Have in boxed you the information.

Cloverland

Jun 9, 2014
GPS tracking devices

I wish every authority issued or gave information where devices are available. When an adult goes wandering especially this time of year these gadgets are such a god send.

The one we use for dad is approved and supported by several police forces. If an alert is triggered the police treat this as a priority to recover the person back to their safe environment.

I'm happy for anyone to in box me for further information.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Moderator note:

Can I just mention: it's perfectly acceptable to mention a product you have found helpful on the main forum (as long as you aren't involved with the company in question in any way). The only issue we have is when posters find a product useful and then decide to post to a number of different threads (even going to the extent of finding older threads and posting to them) in order to promote the product.

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Please let me know where to apply for tracking device my hubby gets lost, l did hear on local radio all people with dementia will get free tracking device but don't know when thank you ♡♡♡

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
You have to contact social services who can assess the need and refer you to the telecare team.