Personal health budget/ continuing health.

helenemartin

Mar 6, 2008
stamford,lincs
Hi
Would like some help and advice please from the good people out there. We have been jointly funded by both and health for some time now. £25,000 from each per year. H took a turn for the worst with Tonic-clonic seizures. This means as from then we now need 2 people with H at all times. I requested from health to have a personal health budget [this is something you can ask for as from this month. You have to have some or all of you're funding from health] As a result of that request we had a full review of H. She is now fully funded by health. My reason in asking for a PHB in the first place was to cover the 30 hours we had been awarded sometime ago with PA's willing to join us privately. Been having the normal problems we all have with agencies, no staff:mad: At the moment I am doing the waking nights due to the seizures. No extra Staff from agency, funds almost eaten up with extra cover from PA's. Health have told direct payments to continue with them until they take over. That can take up to 12 weeks!!! Lets hope the message got through. Health are fully aware we need 24-7 cover by 2 people at all times. They are working out how many hours we need for a waking night. [think I must be missing something there. Would it not be 10/12 hours making night] That's the back ground.
Now to your help and advice please.
1. Has anyone gone from joint funding to being totally funded by heath in your own home?
If so what was the difference in the funds made available to you?
No matter how you got those funds. Reason for asking I have seen from my research on PHB's that it maybe a cost cutting effort, though nobody will admit to that. Without the same level of funding we were being jointly funded before, I don't see how we shall cope.
Last question what would health pay for a care home, not that H is going there. Just something to fire back in case there funds don't cover H's needs.
Thanks for your time in reading this, hope it makes sense. Been a long night :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abba