Personal alarm

Olive Patricia

Jan 18, 2022
I have just joined so "hello everyone". Does your partner use a personal alarm call button if you are out? Can they manage this? If so do you have one you can recommend?

silkiest

Feb 9, 2017
Hi @Olive Patricia , both my parents and mum in law have personal alarms but none of them are able to use them. I have them more for the "add ons" that the council will supply such as door alarms and GPS tracker plus they are connected to the smoke alarm which gives me peace of mind. They can also be set up with recorded reminders so in the early days MIL's was set up with a pill reminder.

MalcW

Jul 3, 2020
Be careful of personal alarms. I have been looking into something for myself as my wife would not be able to summon help if anything happens to me. However, I have been advised to wait for a while as BT are changing from cable systems to satellite and these systems are not compatible.

Olive Patricia

Jan 18, 2022
Be careful of personal alarms. I have been looking into something for myself as my wife would not be able to summon help if anything happens to me. However, I have been advised to wait for a while as BT are changing from cable systems to satellite and these systems are not compatible.
Thank you for this information. I will contact BT and find out a bit more.

Olive Patricia

Jan 18, 2022
Hi @Olive Patricia , both my parents and mum in law have personal alarms but none of them are able to use them. I have them more for the "add ons" that the council will supply such as door alarms and GPS tracker plus they are connected to the smoke alarm which gives me peace of mind. They can also be set up with recorded reminders so in the early days MIL's was set up with a pill reminder.
Thank you for your reply. My concern is that my husband will not be able to use one and I might feel wrongly confident if I have to go out for a short time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa