Persistent tremor and poor coordination

Chaplin

May 24, 2015
Bristol
Mum has a diagnosis of mixed dementia, Alzheimer’s and vascular, complicated by type 2 diabetes. Although diagnoses was only about 3 years ago she has obviously had this for some time. Recently when walking with her, she was linking arms with me, she seemed to be veering off to the left and felt like she was pulling me. She was not aware of this at all. Having lunch with her today she has an almost constant tremor in her left arm/hand. Is this all part of the progression or is there something else going on? Any advice welcome, thanks

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
My OH has vascular dementia and veers to one side when walking...this is worse when it is dark. I’m just wondering, is it possible these tremors could be the result of a TIA?

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
My OH has tremors in his hands and he was diagnosed with Parkinsonsism, which basically means he has traits of Parkinson's but not the actual illness. He's on Sinemet but I'm not sure how much it helps.

LilyJ

Apr 13, 2017
It could be the dementia or it could be something else; it's probably best to consult her GP to try to find out the cause

Chaplin

May 24, 2015
Bristol
Thank you for your responses. We have an appointment coming up it’s GP so I’ll flag this up with them and see what they offer as a cause.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SallySunnyside