Perseverance is but a part of life

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
I have mixed Dementia with Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease, now for almost 10 years “BUT” I still like to practice my past profession with this Birthday cake that I have just made for my stepdaughters Birthday on Wednesday 3 September.

It’s a Rich Chocolate Sponge layered with Chocolate cream, then covered in white sugar paste with a pale pink table cloth like embossed cover.

The decoration which are all handmade using self made gum-paste and sugarpaste, with a Gum paste vase filled with handmade flowers and leaves

The cake and decorations are all edible...

The bread was just part of my weekly bake as I like to make my own bread...

1 Baking day Yuni birthday cake3.jpg
2 Baking day Yuni birthday cake.jpg
3 Baking day Yuni birthday cake1.jpg
4 Baking day Yuni birthday cake2.jpg
My motto is to say:
Never give in,
Don’t say I can’t do that anymore,
Perseverance is but a part of life and
“Continuing my baking has become my mother of intent in fighting my Alzheimer’s”​

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Wow Barry. That cake is amazing! I have to confess though it's the bread that has me drooling! I don't have a sweet tooth but I totally love fresh bread. What a talent you have!

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Barry the cake is wonderful. I love cake but not sure I would want to cut it up if it was mine, far to beautiful to but a knife into.

Like Izzy I have a great liking of fresh bread and would be pigging out on it all day if someone was making it for me. Our local small town had a food festival over the last weekend and I managed to not buy any cakes or pastries, I nearly gave in to oatcakes but could not resist the breads.

You are one very talented and determined man Barry, well done.

Jay

Denise.w

Aug 23, 2014
Barry you are very talented indeed, and obviously enjoy baking and sharing what you make. It must be lovely to be able to immerse yourself in something you enjoy doing so much.
Keep fighting !

Redpoppy

Jul 31, 2012
Glamorgan s.wales
Just how do you do it Barry? You write such interesting posts--I always look out for them. Your cake is fabulous and the bread looks delicious.You keep yourself so busy. Whenever I suggest my husband do something,anything, he refuses and says he's resting. He probably DOES feel tired as he also has heart failure and is 85yrs. He was always a very active man with many hobbies,so I get really upset seeing him like this. You are an inspiration to us all .

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
My motto is to say:
Never give in,
Don’t say I can’t do that anymore,
Perseverance is but a part of life and
GREAT ADVICE Barry

Hi Barry the Birthday cake looks super and I love fresh bread makes the mouth water Barry I like your motto I think this is the only way to defeat the dementia , carry on working if your young and fit enough obviously if your older age slows us down anyway , keep baking Barry

cheers Tony

Pookie

Dec 29, 2011
Dear Barry. I never liked decorating cakes. Making thems a treat. So I admire your talents. Keep fighting the lurgy :) ps (forgot to add the sugar to my apple pie).

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Talking Point mobile app