People causing upset

Nightshade01

Nov 24, 2019
I am helping my mum with her memory problems at home. We have a neighbour who is really nasty to us she shouts and I have called the police on her few times as we can't take it with her. Today she shouted at my mum again and my mum is really upset by this and can't take it anymore. And later I went out to the shops and back this neighbour was shouting at me and I was angry and shouted back at and I told the police again.

I also told my mum's mental health nurse again today that she will be better off in a care home and we can no longer stay in the area. This neighbour made me depressed last year and I'm dealing with my own mental health issues.

I spent a few years dealing with Uncle living in the house with me as he had dementia and he is now living in a care home. And today my cousins told me that the social workers are useless as my other uncle who got dementia had to go to a care home in January. My uncle wanted my cousin to take care of his artwork which he had for decades. My cousin spoke to five different social workers to get keys to the flat and he didn't get the keys. And he said that the artwork has been put into a skip now.

It is all unbearable with this everything that's going on but I felt I had to call the police on this neighbour as she made me depressed and upset with her behaviour last year and she is taking her anger out on us all the time. I have to deal with my mum's angry outburst also.

Dimpsy

Sep 2, 2019
As with @MaNaAk and @Duggies-girl, my thought too @Nightshade01 maybe your unpleasant neighbour has her own mental health problems that need to be addressed?
You're in a dark place at the moment, but put all your worries and upset onto this forum and I guarantee you will gain strength and support from the wonderful people who have been in your situation before.
I know because those same kind people are helping me going through the turmoil I'm facing.
You (and I) will get through these horrible days.

Nightshade01

Nov 24, 2019
@MaNaAk @Duggies-girl @Dimpsy My Mum got ill a few weeks ago and had to get taking in the ambulance. She is ok now. The paramedics told me the neighbour came out shouting and being rude to paramedics. The paramedic told me the neighbour hasn't got dementia and she is just nasty.

I am finding my Mother's habits annoying now. Every day she has the same speech, "Good girl" over something.. It is really annoying me now and I feel I can't stand hearing it anymore. I feel it is driving me mad. I spent a few years having to deal with my uncle's illness and now my mums. I feel like it's becoming my life now. I'm also waiting on medication for stress and anxiety.

Thanks for the support. I just needed to get it off my chest. It gets too much for me sometimes.

Last edited:

Tonywin

Jul 10, 2021
Some people are so cruel, they don't understand others problem until they themselves become the victim of same problem. They would have understood your pain if one of their members had a same problem.

Nightshade01

Nov 24, 2019
I wish your mum for recovery. May she gets healthy and happy.
Thank you. I have been waiting for the past two months for my Mum's new memory tablets. They told me they waiting for someone to come in and pick up a care package for her. But it has been ages now. I am hoping to move into a flat somewhere and move my mum into a nursing home. Her mind is just going worse and she has chronic back pain all the time. I thought I may have to get my mum a laptop or a jewellery making kit to occupy her. Things that I am wanting to focus on myself. Sometimes she tells me she wants to start writing stories again, But then she changes her mind and says she doesn't want to write.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonathan95