people can be selfish

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
my husband has copd as well as vasc. dementia and can only go in the garden my neighbour has had 5 bonfires in the last week. im tyring to keep my husband safe and get him through it so complained.ive got to keep my windows closed i was told. it is about 6ft away. i have depression and they have used that against me and to get a grip. they have already had covide-9 so it seems that it doesnt matter. im tired and trying to do things like shopping etc etc could do with some thought. sorry have had my rant but this is tough

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
I'd be annoyed @jennifer1967 anyone would .... there's no need for that number of fires
you might think of emailing a local councillor as there may be rules against fires in your area

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
That sounds awful @jennifer1967 - I would contact your councillor or local council.

In my area the local authority has specifically told residents that there are to be no bonfires during this time of lockdown.

The Coronavirus is known to cause serious respiratory problems, which could be made much worse if the sufferer is exposed to smoke from bonfires. On top of that, with so many people under lockdown, sitting in their garden (if they are lucky enough to have one) is their main escape for physical and mental health.

Our council has also added a form on its website for residents to report persistent offenders. I am sure my local council is not alone in this current approach, so do try to take it further.

Lilye

Oct 15, 2016
Yes please try and get some help they should not be allowed to get away with their selfish behaviour.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
thanks for your responses i didnt think of council so will try that tomorrow. my husband will lose the only outside area he is allowed to go to as hes extra special as i call it and shielding thanks for the support.why cant anythging thing be easy.

LuLuP

Apr 3, 2020
thanks for your responses i didnt think of council so will try that tomorrow. my husband will lose the only outside area he is allowed to go to as hes extra special as i call it and shielding thanks for the support.why cant anythging thing be easy.
Poor you! Keep strong!

Woo2

Apr 30, 2019
South East
I would def call council , we had this with a neighbour during the day and my washing was smelly . Hubby put the hose on it and put it out , they soon got the hint and did it of an evening . Very selfish behaviour .

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
ive been round the websites and they are the only not to ban it but the fire service are banning them by the looks of it. i might add they didnt light the fire in the end. conscience maybe in the end

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
I would def call council , we had this with a neighbour during the day and my washing was smelly . Hubby put the hose on it and put it out , they soon got the hint and did it of an evening . Very selfish behaviour .
That was what I was going to say.I don't have a hubby so it would have been me.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i have gone through the council today as both houses are council but as they allow bonfires in the garden theres nothing they can do about it.they call it a nuisance and not responding to them as they have to do so much more priorities with covid-9. im glad to report that they have stopped the bonfires for last 2 nights. my son is going to put another fence panel in which will give us our privacy back.it hurt more that they shouted at my husband who is in no position to defend himself.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanpotts