Peg's Daffs

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Another year,another joyful moment not there.
Peg;s miniature Daffs are out,I planted them for her,they gave her joy every year.
Not this year,to walk up the garden is too much of an effort now.
AD takes our whole lives ,bit by bit
Norman

Attachments

• daffs.JPG
    daffs.JPG
    238.9 KB · Views: 244

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Norman, your daffs are beautiful. Can Peg appreciate the photo?

Thanks for sharing it with us.

Love,

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Sorry Norman. It's no wonder you're sad. As we go through the year, there's always something new that we could do last year but not this.

It's not the same, but it's good that you could share Peg's daffs with us.

Love and hugs,

Kayla

May 14, 2006
Kent
Dear Norman,
The miniature daffodils are lovely!
My Mum loves flowers too. I've bought her a little Gloxinia in a pot and it has really pretty pink flowers and they last for ages.
Have you tried to find plants with textured leaves and rough stems so your wife can use her sense of touch even if she can't see very well?Some cacti have poisonous prickles which can irritate the skin, but there should be a warning label on the pot.
I try to make sure Mum always has a couple of pots of flowers and perhaps some cut flowers in her Nursing Home room so it looks more homely and cheerful.I think she'd probably like a dog or a cat as well to stroke, but I don't think the Home would approve!
Kayla

daughter

Mar 16, 2005
Dear Norman,

I wouldn't suggest this normally because they won't last as long, but could you not cut the daffs and bring them indoors in a vase for Peg?

love from Hazel.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
AD takes our whole lives ,bit by bit

I know it’s so over willingly sad and so true, how I see it what help me is that no one can take my memories away I have shared with my mother before AD . AD may have taken my mother memories future away of more happy times , also your peg time happy moment more in the future with her , but you’re her keeper of her happy memories of the past and no one can take that away from you . I hope one day in the future that will being you comfort, even if it does not now xx.

I must also add that I do admire your love for peg, you’re an inspiration to the real meaning of love that a man can have for a wife. Thank-you for sharing

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Lovely daffodils, Norman. It`s so sad Peg can no longer enjoy them. This is what we all have to look forward to and must make the most of what we have while we have it.
With love