Peace at last

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
I'm so glad the service went well Lemony. Sending you much love, sympathy and wishes for strength xxxxxx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I'm so sorry for your loss. It has has been a difficult road for you but I am glad that your mother is at peace and that your memories will eventually be of happier times.
I hope you can now find peace of mind and heart. xxx

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Good to read that the service went well and hoping you can find peace yourself now knowing your Mum is no longer at the mercy of dementia. Take care x

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
It's been a long hard journey for both you and your mum. She has now found peace, and I hope in the coming months, you can hold your face up to the sunshine again, knowing that you did the very best you could for her. xx

Essie

Feb 11, 2015
Perfectly put LadyA. Offering my own sympathies on your huge loss Lemony but so glad your Mum is now resting peacefully. Take care of yourself.

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
Thank you so much. I have no idea what I would have done without the love and support from TP over th years.

Last night I slept for nearly 12 hours which is unheard of as I usually manage on 4-5 hours. I'm slowly sorting things out but every so often I look at the clock and think I had better go and feed Mum. I have got such a tight lid on things that I am slightly worried when the lid finally comes off.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Don't worry about when the "lid comes off" just go with it. Holding it in, as you know, isn't good for anyone.

Hugs xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
2jays is right. And it will probably not be a once off. Three months after William's death, I came across a dvd we used to enjoy watching together before he went to the nursing home. It was in a box of dvds under my bed. I just sat there on the floor and sobbed until I was sick. Not pretty, but it needed to get out.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Yeah, I had it about 10 days ago. Was tidying up and went to move OHs memory books. Made the mistake of starting to read one.........ended up screaming I HATE DEMENTIA and a few choice words and clutching a couple of boxes of HIS matches ( he was a pipe smoker), and then hiding them so no one could touch them!!
And yet usually I'm absolutely fine!

Onlyme

Apr 5, 2010
UK
I've nailed the lid on the box marked grief and kicked the box under the bed. 6 weeks and I'm still holding myself in. I seem to have decided that if I don't think about it then it never happened and Mum is still with us. It's not that I can't cope with Mum's death, I just can't cope with who I am after all these years.

Now I've confused myself. :confused:

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I wouldn't presume to know exactly how you are feeling Lemony as people's reactions to loss can be different according to their experiences in life. However death after dementia is not like any other death and we who have shared the painful years with those we love are left forever changed.
It is still very early days for you and I'm sure it will take time to adjust to the lifting of the responsibility which has been on your shoulders for so long as well as coping with the loss of someone you love. You have had difficult times too and these take their toll on relationships with others as so many here have found.
You have been strong but I hope a time will come when you feel able to let go and that there will be someone there to hold your hand when it does. No doubt it will come when you least expect it but TP be here should you ever need a hug. xxx

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
So sorry, I missed this.

I missed hearing your news. I was visiting my sister in South Africa, I only popped in once or twice, and I missed this. I am so sorry and so relieved that your Mum has had the torment of Dementia lifted. I have walked a similar path to you, taking support from those who understood what I was going through. I have sighed out my frustrations, my anger and my sadness here, and I have had such wonderful friendship in return. I hope that you can come to terms with everything that has been thrown at you, and that one day you can gain the peace you deserve. Your Mum was loved and supported by you right to the end....and now she has gone on to her rest.
I hope you can believe that you could never have done more for Mum and that now, this is your time.
With love and sympathy..... Maureen.x.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cat09