Peace At Last

plastic scouser

Sep 22, 2006
Hale Village, Liverpool
Dear All

Just a short note to say that Dad was called home at about 2.30am on Tuesday 30th January. The cause of death was actually a Pulmonary Embolism, brought on by his immobility of recent weeks.

Thankyou to everyone for your kind words over the last few months, this board has been a wonderful place to sound off, to learn from others experiences and often to realise that sometimes you're not as badly off as someone else.

It's a bit strange to think that I won't really need to post on this board again (I truly hope) - but just wanted to express my appreciation to you all.

Thanks once again, and good luck for the future, whatever it holds for you all.

God bless

Stuart

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Stuart

So sorry to hear about your Dad. But at least he is at peace now, and you can stop worrying about him, knowing his troubles are over.

Please don't feel that you have to leave TP. We are still here for you, whenever you need to talk.

Much love and sympathy,

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Dear Stuart
I am so sorry to hear about your dad....take comfort in the fact he is at peace...
Be kind to yourself now
Sending my love and hugs to you....
Love Wendy xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Stuart,
I`m so sorry to hear about your dad. You did as much as you could for him and now he is at rest. As well as sorrow, you will probably be feeling relief that you no longer will have to witness such suffering.
Look after yourself now and live your life. If you should need to post again, TP is always here. Love Sylvia x

Áine

Feb 22, 2006
sort of north east ish
So sorry to hear about your dad Stuart. It 's been one hell of a time for you and your mum over the past few months. Painful as it is, at least there can be some peace at last, and hopefully time for you to gather yourself together.

Like Hazel says, there's no need to feel you can't post here anymore, we're here so long as you need us. But equally, you might feel you need to move on. and not be reminded of this difficult time. You most likely don't know what you want to do just now. Take care of yourself whatever, and remember you have friends here on TP.

jan.

Apr 19, 2006
Cheshire, UK.
Dear Stuart,

so very sorry to hear of your sad loss.

Just wanted you to know that you and your mum are in our thoughts.

Take care of yourself and your dear mum.

Love and condolences to you both,
Jan. X

Cate

Jul 2, 2006
Newport, Gwent
Dear Stuart

So very sorry to hear your sad news.

Be kind to yourself and give yourself time. Visit us when you feel able.

Thinking of you

Love
Cate

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear Stuart, I'm very sorry about your dad. People visiting TP would still benefit from your thoughts on things, if you have the inclination to return. If not, don't worry, but you can see that TPers want to help you too, if you feel the need. Just take it easy. Kind regards from Deborah

Kriss

May 20, 2004
Shropshire
Sadness and relief is a strange mix but a common one, particularly here on TP. My thoughts are with you and yours. Stay strong Stuart

Kriss

ps please don't dissappear without checking your mail as I would like to compare notes on your Dads cause of death with my Aunt who lost on Christmas Eve if you are able.

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Dear Stuart,
My heart goes out to you as it is only a few months since I lost my beloved Dad. I miss him in so many ways, as ytou no doubt will too. May you and your Mum and family find comfort in your memories and peace in the knowledge that he is now free of all pain. Nell

gillianshack

Sep 19, 2006
bradford west yorkshire
so sorry

just to let you know my heart goes out to you,and your wonderful mother.your dad at last is at peace .and would wont you to be strong for your mum just think back to happy memoires as a family.and if you ever need to chat theres lots of friends on here who can help and listen,takecare love gillyxxx

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Dear Stuart, my apologies for being so late in my response....

I am so sorry at your news .....

(I have never before known the phrase being 'called home' but what a wonderful way to see it ...... Bless you for that....)

With love and sympathy, Karen, x