Peace at last

suem

Jul 1, 2005
Worcestershire
Hello
Have not been on for sometime. My husband died 2 months ago after a long battle against Parkinson's and Lewy body dementia. The end hastened by a stroke that left him bed bound, unable to do anything and without recognition of things around him. In fact the end was a blessed relief to see him out of his misery.
Many of you know the journey has been hard and long especially where step children have been involved.
Now I am starting to rebuild my life. I have developed a website for carer's as I know how hard this role this. www.carersfriends.co.uk, hopefully people will find it useful.
Take care

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Sue

It`s good to hear you are able to move forwards after such a long struggle.
Good luck with your new website.
Love xx

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Sue,

Thankyou for letting us know about your husband...
In fact the end was a blessed relief to see him out of his misery.
That I can understand.

It's good to hear that you are rebuilding your life..but please remember we're still here for you..

I do wish you well for the future...

Love gigi xx

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear Suem, please accept my sincere condolences.

It had been a long, hard road for you. Thank you for the info. on your website, and please remeber we will always be here for you.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello: I am sorry to hear your news but thankfully you are trying to rebuild your life.
In fact the end was a blessed relief to see him out of his misery.

I am sure many will identify with the 'blessed relief' aspect.

Take care and please keep in touch as I am sure you can help many of us going through this long hard journey.

Love Jan

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Suem,

I am sorry about the loss of your husband and pleased that your able to pick up the pieces and go forward.

I hope that your website is successful and wish you peace and happiness for your future.

Caring Thoughts,

Taffy.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Sue,

Thank you for the update. I'm sorry to hear that you lost your husband, but as you say he is now free of his anxiety and misery, and you are free to rebuild your life.

Good luck with the website, I'm sure there is a need for it.

Love,