Peace and Love

TED

Sep 14, 2004
Middlesex
Hello all, old and new alike

though i dont post on here anymore i do still come looking in from time to time.
wanted to post something to say im still thinking of you all and share your hardships, loss, frustration, and even the occasional smile.

Nothing much to report, life moves on slowly and mum now at a stage where she is practically housebound. She doesnt even want to go into the gardens now (and we have lovely gardens, though they could do with a little work, another job on the list)

Walking is becoming a struggle. And not just for her, i've got arthritus in my right side, hip and knee in constant pain, and im only young. Im usualy on a depression site now keeping a diary of how things going, and trying to support people on there who are in a bad way.

There, told you i had nothing to say

keep well
keep laughing, its good for you

Peace and Love always
TED

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi TED

Good to hear from you again.

Sorry to hear about the arthritis, it's so hard to be patient when you're in pain, isn't it?

I'm glad you're managing to help others on the depression site, as well as look after your mum. Keep popping in here and let us know how you're getting on.

Love,

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Hello Ted
Nice to hear from you, sorry to hear your in so much pain with the arthritis it must be very difficult at times for you caring for your mum as well, and yet you still think of others in need and support them also, I agree with you 100% laughter is good for you. Keep Smiling Taffy.:) :)

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Ted, good to hear from you. Thank you for taking the time to say 'hello' and to bring us up to date.

Sending love n'hugs,

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
yes lovely to read from someone ales that is caring for a mother at home ,( is it you caring for your mother at home ? ) thanks for popping in

Walking is becoming a struggle

Just like my mother , also about
She doesn't even want to go into the gardens now

But my mother does go to day center

Does your mother go to any day-center or does she not want to go ?

Do you get respite ?

any help for you in helping your mother as you say
i've got arthritus in my right side, hip and knee in constant pain, and im only young

If you don't mind me asking as it may come across as I am bombarding you with question , Just I like reading how other people cope :)

Last edited:

TED

Sep 14, 2004
Middlesex
bah

Thank you all

Mum was particularly 'active' last night, sure tired me out but i just cant sleep, how do the rest of you manage, i am struggling today at work and really just want to be home and rest.

I am NOT the full time carer for mum, that is sadly being left to my Dad but i try and get round there as much as i can and thursday is a regular evening as Dad is out. (good, he bloomin well needs it too)

We have a little help, but no respite for Dad, he is 74 and should have been enjoying a happy retirement (they both should)

Mum refuses any thing to do with Day care etc, thinks we are going to lock her up -- you will have a big arguement from her anyway if you even dare to mention it. And now it's a case of not going out at all ... not even the gardens which are lovely now. Tried to encourage her, asking her to help me plant, trim etc as she was a great one for making the garden lovely. but no....

Im only in my 30s (so yes very young arent i .... YES!) and the arthritus is something i could do without. on top of everything else i am a physical and emotional wreck. Cant concentrate on work either so i suspect will be sacked soon enough if i dont get it together.

Thanks for listening. rant over ........ for now

have a peaceful weekend
may the sun shine for you all
TED Xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
TED said:
Im only in my 30s (so yes very young arent i .... YES!) and the arthritus is something i could do without. on top of everything else i am a physical and emotional wreck. Cant concentrate on work either so i suspect will be sacked soon enough if i dont get it together.

Hi TED

I'm afraid so many of us could say the same -- although we're not all trying to hold down jobs at the same time as caring.

You mentioned depression -- is it perhaps time to visit your GP again and ask for a review of your medication? I do hope your job isn't at stake. For one thing, it's your future, which is important. For another, it is something else to focus on, and contact with other people.

Please remember that TP is here for you. We'll give you all the support we can.

Love,