Pbt2

THESAINT

Jun 22, 2006
FIFE,SCOTLAND
There is much excitement about PBT2 which is being heralded as a cure (?) for Alzheimers . If these claims are true could it also have the same impact on someone suffering from Early Onset Vascular Dementia?

DickG

Feb 26, 2006
Stow-on-the-Wold
I have read the article on the BBC website about the PBT2 drug and there are certain facts that need to be borne in mind before we all start cheering. The drug may slow the progression of AD although all the research has been done on mice and trials on humans have not yet started. Assuming that all goes well the drug will not be available for humans until 4 years time.

This is too late for many of us, consider the ravages to be wrought on our loved ones in four years and ask yourself if it would be a blessing to have their detioration halted let alone slowed down.

In the past six years I have witnessed many false dawns and whilst I sincerely hope there is a cure in the offing it will be too late for Mary. Be realistic and do not raise your hopes too high.

Dick

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
I agree with Dick. It's great that they are inching closer to some answers about AD but it surely will be too late for my mother. And as Dick says, what is the point of stopping AD now in a person who is in the advanced stage?

But I oh so sincerely hope they'll have something in time for me.

Joanne