• Expert Q&A: Rare dementias - Tues 3 March, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of rare dementias. It will be hosted by Nikki and Seb from Rare Dementia Support. If you have any questions about rare dementias, they will be here to answer them on Tuesday 3 March between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

Paying for Respite

Rosserk

Jul 9, 2019
Each LA will have their own rule about what they will subsidise so eg if you accept the two weeks they subsidise at £139.50 per week then decide you want an extra week you will have to pay the care home the full price for the extra week. The only way of knowing is to contact your local authority and ask how many weeks respite they will subsidise should a person need that kind of support.
For clarity because as I say I’m a bit dim! I literally can’t understand anything at the moment.

If care was £1139.50 they would pay £139.50 and I would pay a £1000

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
No. The weeks that they would subsidise you would only pay £139.50. If you didn’t choose to book respite for any additional weeks then that is all you would pay.

I have spoken to people in different areas and in terms of subsidy it is pretty similar. The main difference is in how many weeks a particular LA will cover.

Rosserk

Jul 9, 2019
No. The weeks that they would subsidise you would only pay £139.50. If you didn’t choose to book respite for any additional weeks then that is all you would pay.

I have spoken to people in different areas and in terms of subsidy it is pretty similar. The main difference is in how many weeks a particular LA will cover.

Thank you! I’m really not functioning at a higher level at the moment I think I’m so stressed by everything that’s happened I can’t seem think straight. X

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Hi yes I have POA but I haven’t used it. My mother has only just been assessed as no longer having capacity, so I could contact the banks. I printed off the forms for attendance allowance but she won’t sign them. She registered the POA.
I got dads AA without him signing it as I have LPOA.