Patient Transfer Systems?

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by Ethelred88, May 26, 2019.

1. Ethelred88

Ethelred88 New member

Nov 15, 2018
    Hi, thinking of the sort of thing avialble at the completecareshop.co.uk varying in price from hundred pounds or so to several hundred. My mum is 94 with worsening dementia and mobility and struggles to stand for the few minutes necessary for me to carryout basic hygiene and transfers. So thinking of getting one of these and wondered if anyone here has any experience or advice.
    Thanks.

2. Beate

Beate Registered User

May 21, 2014
    Female
    London
    Before you spend money, has your mother had an OT assessment yet? If not, ask for one. They can make recommendations as to the most useful support items, and often they can also lend them out for free.

3. Ethelred88

Ethelred88 New member

Nov 15, 2018
    OT assessment?

4. Bunpoots

Bunpoots Registered User

Apr 1, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    OT is occupational therapy. You should be able to get a referral to an Occupational Therapist through your mum's GP @Ethelred88

5. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
  6. Ethelred88

Ethelred88 New member

Nov 15, 2018
    Thanks all, realised what OT was as I pressed the post reply buttton:confused:
    We are in Somerset so probably wont get much free but the assessment would be appreciated. Been thinking we need to be reassessed for some time so your advice is well received.
    Thanks again.