Patient Experience questionaire

susiewoo

Oct 28, 2006
Bromley Kent
For the second time this year my Mum has been sent a document to complete entitled Patient Experience Feedback form. She is in a EMI home with advanced dementia.

I do understand why they send this and I am sure it has its merits but my Mum can't even open the envelope let alone actually read and write any reply. It makes me so frustrated that in a profession such as mental health who seem to pride themselves on dealing with the 'individual' they nonetheless have failed to recognise my Mums inability to respond in this way.

Can anyone suggest a constructive way for me to reply on her behalf?

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
It's the constructive part I'm having problems with. I can think of various ways I would like to return the form, but I think it would be stretching it to call them "constructive".

I guess a cover letter attached to the form, with copies to everyone I could think of (head of PCT/head of social services - depending on where it is coming from, and anyone else that came to mind who is high up the food chain) is about as constructive as I can come up with, but it's not very innovative.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Perhaps you could point out very politely your mother`s inability to address the issue and if they want your opinion of her care, on her behalf, perhaps they would address correspondence to you.

sussexsue

Jun 10, 2009
West Sussex
or alternatively the money spent in sending out these questionnaires to dementia patients in care could be better used elsewhere.

Sounds like a bad case of "tick box inclusion syndrome" :rolleyes:

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Perhaps you could point out very politely your mother`s inability to address the issue and if they want your opinion of her care, on her behalf, perhaps they would address correspondence to you.

That's exactly what I did when AS sent my wife a consent form for her to sign so that they could send her a survey form!!

mQ7nq.png

susiewoo

Oct 28, 2006
Bromley Kent
Thanks for the responses......I am composing my reply to the questionaire. Interestingly it names 3 individuals to respond to who all work in the Patient Experience Team. One is titled Manager. Thats 3 people who could be out and visiting my Mum and getting some real feedback!