Patient Experience questionaire

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Support discussions' started by susiewoo, Aug 18, 2011.

1. susiewoo

susiewoo Registered User

Oct 28, 2006
    Bromley Kent
    For the second time this year my Mum has been sent a document to complete entitled Patient Experience Feedback form. She is in a EMI home with advanced dementia.

I do understand why they send this and I am sure it has its merits but my Mum can't even open the envelope let alone actually read and write any reply. It makes me so frustrated that in a profession such as mental health who seem to pride themselves on dealing with the 'individual' they nonetheless have failed to recognise my Mums inability to respond in this way.

Can anyone suggest a constructive way for me to reply on her behalf?

2. jenniferpa

jenniferpa Volunteer Moderator

Jun 27, 2006
    It's the constructive part I'm having problems with. I can think of various ways I would like to return the form, but I think it would be stretching it to call them "constructive".

I guess a cover letter attached to the form, with copies to everyone I could think of (head of PCT/head of social services - depending on where it is coming from, and anyone else that came to mind who is high up the food chain) is about as constructive as I can come up with, but it's not very innovative.

3. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Perhaps you could point out very politely your mother`s inability to address the issue and if they want your opinion of her care, on her behalf, perhaps they would address correspondence to you.

4. sussexsue

sussexsue Registered User

Jun 10, 2009
    West Sussex
    or alternatively the money spent in sending out these questionnaires to dementia patients in care could be better used elsewhere.

Sounds like a bad case of "tick box inclusion syndrome" :rolleyes:

5. Padraig

Padraig Registered User

Dec 10, 2009
    Hereford
    Like leaving their office and check for themselves. Shuffling mountains of paper. ther're experts at.

6. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
    That's exactly what I did when AS sent my wife a consent form for her to sign so that they could send her a survey form!!

[​IMG]

7. susiewoo

susiewoo Registered User

Oct 28, 2006
    Bromley Kent
    Thanks for the responses......I am composing my reply to the questionaire. Interestingly it names 3 individuals to respond to who all work in the Patient Experience Team. One is titled Manager. Thats 3 people who could be out and visiting my Mum and getting some real feedback!