Patch reminder!

dawnp

Jun 29, 2015
Hello,
I'm new to this forum and support mum who is early stages of Alzheimer's. She manages very well but lives alone and now needs prompting to put her patch on each day. As we live an hour away, is there some kind of gadget or other thing that could remind her to put the patch on. Ideally, a gadget we can personalise to tell her to put the patch on rather than an alarm for pill reminder.

thanks in advance,
Dawn.

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
Welcome to TP :)

I've no idea about gadgets but could you ring at the same time each day & get her to do it while you're on the phone?

dawnp

Jun 29, 2015
Welcome to TP :)

I've no idea about gadgets but could you ring at the same time each day & get her to do it while you're on the phone?

Hi - we kind of do this now but I think as she is at the very early stages - she is confused as to why we call more often when we only used to weekly! She will see it as a medication prompt and wouldn't take too kindly to that!

thank you
x

dawnp

Jun 29, 2015
Get 3 or 7 day patches?

Hi,
We have looked into this and there isn't a patch other than a daily one.

I think we are now looking at some kind of alarm system!

thank you for responding
Dawn

BTH

Sep 13, 2015
Hi Dawn, I did a post above about how you can personalize messages for ringtones that you can then use e.g. As an alarm for a tablet device. I only know about iPad but I'm sure there are ways of doing it with other devices. That way you can personalize a message using family / familiar voices and you can assign it to the device's alarm clock which you can set to go off every day etc. Just an idea but may be of some help to your mum. Thanks, B

pharmacystudent

Feb 8, 2016
Hello,
I'm new to this forum and support mum who is early stages of Alzheimer's. She manages very well but lives alone and now needs prompting to put her patch on each day. As we live an hour away, is there some kind of gadget or other thing that could remind her to put the patch on. Ideally, a gadget we can personalise to tell her to put the patch on rather than an alarm for pill reminder.

thanks in advance,
Dawn.

that's a great idea for a new product. I will do some exploring and see if i find anything like that. If i find something ill get back to you with the product

JohnBG

Apr 20, 2016
Lancashire UK
MediSafe App

For my medication I use MediSafe phone app, this could be used as a reminder, on the day and time to be changed, although you can set it, even I have provision issues, so it is 7 days from the last one.

You can set the tune volume, or even reminders that need an action to turn it off plus a comment of what this specific alarm relates.

Good luck John.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne Paterson