1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

1. Pastie

Pastie Registered User

Aug 25, 2015
    I heard yesterday that I can get a wrist band with a chip in it for my partner to wear. I can then track this on my mobile phone if we are not together. Can anyone give me any further info about this as it sounds a good idea - thanks

2. Beate

Beate Registered User

May 21, 2014
    Female
    London
    That sounds like the new version of the Buddi: https://www.buddi.co.uk
    Before you spend a lot of money, see whether your council couldn't let you have one for free. Ours did. The deparment this comes under is called Telecare.

3. Tiller Girl

Tiller Girl Registered User

May 14, 2012
    Brilliant idea !

4. Prospector

Prospector Registered User

Sep 30, 2014
    Trowbridge, Wiltshire
    There are also trackable shoe insoles (& shoes) called Smartsole available, imported into the UK from the USA. Quite a recent development. Less likely to be removed than a wristband or pendant. Not sure whether I'm allowed to name the supplier on Talking Point, but they can be found on the Internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point