passed away like an angel

milomia

Nov 29, 2010
Middlesbrough
My beloved Dad passed away in his sleep at 7am this morning, surrounded by love from the carers at his nursing home...they were unbelievable...and even staff that were on days off were coming in to kiss him goodbye.....he is free of this awful desease, and back dancing with my Mum....8 weeks off his 91 st birthday..he was amazing....there are not many gentleman left like him....we have been with him this morning, we have arranged a wonderful send off with an RAF Flag to be with him...we are heartbroken, but take comfort in the care and love he was shown in his final months, and know where ever he is he would be grateful for that...thank you to everyone on here...you are all wonderful people...xxxxxxxxxxxxx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I am so sorry but glad that your Dad passed with such loving care surrounding him.
Take care of yourself now too.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Glad his suffering is over.

Sounds like it was a "nice death" all the people who were important in his life able to say goodbye.

Look after you now. Lots of TLC is deserved.

xxxx

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
I am sorry to read that your beloved dad has died. My sincere condolences.

turbo

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
I love how you see him back dancing with your Mum, just how happy are they both going to be now. The pain of the loss is for us, so I am sorry for your loss but like you when the time comes for Mum, I believe she'll have her 22 inch waist back and be dancing at tea dances with Dad.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
My sincere condolences on losing your father. He sounds a lovely man and was obviously thought highly of by his carers. I am glad that his passing was peaceful.

Deb 50

Feb 6, 2013
Birmingham
Dear Milomia I'm so sorry for your loss I wish you lots of strength for the coming days. As you say your Dad is now at peace and free of the awful disease that is dementia. Lots of love xx

Pookie

Dec 29, 2011
We are very sorry for your loss.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Talking Point mobile app

Not so Rosy

Nov 30, 2013
I am so sorry to hear of your loss but pleased it was the way it was, actually I don't know what words to use without causing offence to others.

My Mum who had Dementia and died in 2011 had what I would call a peaceful and dignified death as did my Husband who died last year in a hospice. I really couldn't have asked for more from the care home or hospice.

I think the way someone eventually goes has a huge impact on the way we cope with death and how we cope with our own lives in the future.

Trevillion

Feb 6, 2011
Dear Milomia, so sorry to hear your sad news. Wishing you all peace and courage in the days and weeks to come.
Take care of yourselves.
x
Sent from my GT-I9305 using Talking Point mobile app

chridgets

Aug 6, 2013
BC Canada
Losing a parent is always hard, no matter our age. It sounds as if his death was peaceful surrounded by love. I hoe ths can be a comfort to you in the days ahead.

Witzend

Aug 29, 2007
SW London
So glad it was peaceful, with the family around. That must be some comfort to you. I do so hope my mother will be the same. I am always afraid that something will happen and none of us will be able to get there in time, to be with her. Although she doesn't seem to know any of us any more I will still feel awful if none of us are there.

milomia

Nov 29, 2010
Middlesbrough
Dearest ALL....yes I can safely say that the way a loved one passes has a great bearing on how you move on afterwards, and the effect it has...I have been at the hands on stages at the very end with my Mum who my younger sister and I nursed with cancer at home.....Dreadful...didn't have to be, but it was......I have heard of peaceful deaths in all aspects of leaving this earth, and I have heard otherwise....My Father in law...err not so good, my Mum, not so good...my mother in law...fell asleep and didn't wake up...wonderful, at 86 alot of us wish we could order that...and my wonderful Dad...peacefully. But Witzend...we didn't get back to him in time...his carers sat with him all night, they took it in turns to read to him, and it was they who were holding his hand when he passed away...they always got a bigger smile from him, they were his "family" and we actually feel it was fitting they were with him until we could get there...After so many horror stories at the moment, I can honestly say my sister and I have been blown away by the love and care our Dad has received in his nursing home....amazing. The carers are texting us both to make sure we are ok, and are juggling their shifts at the home to try to get to our dads funeral.....so all of you...don't give up and lose hope...there are little angels out there......we have met loads of them...xxxxxxxxxxx