Partner with Alzheimers

Dizzey650

Oct 16, 2015
Hi I'm Dizzey my husband was diagnosed with Alzheimer's 3 years ago he is on medication just a tablet that is supposed to slow things down. I just thought it would be nice to chat to others who are in same situation.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Hi Dizzy, welcome to TP
Like you I have a partner with AZ and as they say a donepezil a day keeps the doctor away, you're on your own when it comes to dealing with AZ. Lots of people don't understand the issues you have when you have a partner with AZ and to be frank a lot don't want to know. We're all to here help, jump in:)
K

Casbow

Sep 3, 2013
Colchester
Dizzy

Hi I'm Dizzey my husband was diagnosed with Alzheimer's 3 years ago he is on medication just a tablet that is supposed to slow things down. I just thought it would be nice to chat to others who are in same situation.

Welcome Dizzy. It is a great help to talk to others in a similar situation. I have found the people on TP so kind and helpful.Good luck and stay on TP.x

Optomistic

Jul 24, 2014
Manchester
Hi Dizzy,

My husband was diagnosed with Alzheimers last year and he takes Donzepezil at night. I find them quite good it seems to slow things down.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex

Hi Dizzey, and a warm welcome from me too. This is a great site, and you'll soon find you have a lovely circle of cyber friends. :)

Jean1234

Mar 19, 2015
Hi Dizzy

My OH was officially diagnosed with Alzheimer's not long ago and is on Donepezil as well. I found this site just before and have found it wonderfully friendly and helpful and have picked up lots of useful info as well for now and the future. Welcome!

malomm

Mar 23, 2014
Campania Region, Italy
Welcome from me too Dizzy, and am sure that you'll find the forum a great help when you don't know where to turn. Somebody here has already experienced it, whatever the problem may be. I've learned a lot since joining last year and am eternally grateful to the site. Can't contribute much myself though cos my experience is outside UK
keep smiling,
malomm

Trisha4

Jan 16, 2014
Yorkshire

Hi Dizzey. My husband was diagnosed about the same time and is on Donepezil hydrochloride, one a day. I find it very helpful to chat to others who truly understand. Many folk on here have experienced things we encounter and can offer suggestions and help. I also just like having contact with folk in the same boat. It's good to meet you x

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

gerrytt

Jul 9, 2015
Welcome Dizzey360!
This is a great site! You're not alone! Lots of great people are here to support you!

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Kazza B

Oct 26, 2015
Australia
Hi Dizzy

This is the first time I have been on this forum. I am looking after my Dad who has Alzheimers. We live together, my Dad is in the mid to severe stage and life can be so sad some days. I thought I would start to reach out to other people with the same problems. I live in Australia, I am not sure where you live.

Take Care
Kazza

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Mornin' Dizzey :) Thought I'd muscle in to wish you a big welcome and hope you find TP useful. All who join up usually find someone to chat with and loadsa good advice. It's a place for folk to lean on each other a bit when times are tough. The comfort of knowing there are others who have walked this road before us is immense. I know you'll find answers to whatever questions you'd like to throw into the ring. So go for it, and it's good to meet you, xxxxx

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
This is the first time I have been on this forum. I am looking after my Dad who has Alzheimers. We live together, my Dad is in the mid to severe stage and life can be so sad some days. I thought I would start to reach out to other people with the same problems. I live in Australia, I am not sure where you live.

Take Care
Kazza

Welcome to you, too, Kazza, from Oz, xxxxxxxxxxxxxx