Partner with Alzheimers

Discussion in 'I have a partner with dementia' started by Dizzey650, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Dizzey650

Dizzey650 Registered User

Oct 16, 2015
    Hi I'm Dizzey my husband was diagnosed with Alzheimer's 3 years ago he is on medication just a tablet that is supposed to slow things down. I just thought it would be nice to chat to others who are in same situation.

2. jaymor

jaymor Volunteer Moderator

Jul 14, 2006
    Female
    England
    Welcome to Talking Point Dizzey.

You will find support, advice and friendship on the forum. I look forward to you joining us.

3. Cat27

Cat27 Volunteer Moderator

Feb 27, 2015
    Merseyside
    Welcome to TP Dizzey :)

4. Kevinl

Kevinl Registered User

Aug 24, 2013
    Salford
    Hi Dizzy, welcome to TP
    Like you I have a partner with AZ and as they say a donepezil a day keeps the doctor away, you're on your own when it comes to dealing with AZ. Lots of people don't understand the issues you have when you have a partner with AZ and to be frank a lot don't want to know. We're all to here help, jump in:)
    K

5. Casbow

Casbow Registered User

Sep 3, 2013
    Colchester
    Dizzy

Welcome Dizzy. It is a great help to talk to others in a similar situation. I have found the people on TP so kind and helpful.Good luck and stay on TP.x

6. fizzie

fizzie Registered User

Jul 20, 2011
    hi Dizzy
    You have come to the right place - welcome xxxx

7. Optomistic

Optomistic Registered User

Jul 24, 2014
    Manchester
    Hi Dizzy,

My husband was diagnosed with Alzheimers last year and he takes Donzepezil at night. I find them quite good it seems to slow things down.

8. Scarlett123

Scarlett123 Registered User

Apr 30, 2013
    Essex
    Hi Dizzey, and a warm welcome from me too. This is a great site, and you'll soon find you have a lovely circle of cyber friends. :)

9. nannylondon

nannylondon Registered User

Apr 7, 2014
    London
    Hi Dizzey and welcome you will find this forum a great place to get advice and support xx

10. Jean1234

Jean1234 Registered User

Mar 19, 2015
    Hi Dizzy

My OH was officially diagnosed with Alzheimer's not long ago and is on Donepezil as well. I found this site just before and have found it wonderfully friendly and helpful and have picked up lots of useful info as well for now and the future. Welcome!

11. malomm

malomm Registered User

Welcome from me too Dizzy, and am sure that you'll find the forum a great help when you don't know where to turn. Somebody here has already experienced it, whatever the problem may be. I've learned a lot since joining last year and am eternally grateful to the site. Can't contribute much myself though cos my experience is outside UK
    keep smiling,
    malomm

12. Trisha4

Trisha4 Registered User

Jan 16, 2014
    Yorkshire
    Hi Dizzey. My husband was diagnosed about the same time and is on Donepezil hydrochloride, one a day. I find it very helpful to chat to others who truly understand. Many folk on here have experienced things we encounter and can offer suggestions and help. I also just like having contact with folk in the same boat. It's good to meet you x

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

13. gerrytt

gerrytt Registered User

Jul 9, 2015
    Welcome Dizzey360!
    This is a great site! You're not alone! Lots of great people are here to support you!

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

14. Kazza B

Kazza B Registered User

Oct 26, 2015
    Australia
    Hi Dizzy

This is the first time I have been on this forum. I am looking after my Dad who has Alzheimers. We live together, my Dad is in the mid to severe stage and life can be so sad some days. I thought I would start to reach out to other people with the same problems. I live in Australia, I am not sure where you live.

Take Care
    Kazza

15. Chuggalug

Chuggalug Registered User

Mar 24, 2014
    Norfolk
    Mornin' Dizzey :) Thought I'd muscle in to wish you a big welcome and hope you find TP useful. All who join up usually find someone to chat with and loadsa good advice. It's a place for folk to lean on each other a bit when times are tough. The comfort of knowing there are others who have walked this road before us is immense. I know you'll find answers to whatever questions you'd like to throw into the ring. So go for it, and it's good to meet you, xxxxx

16. Chuggalug

Chuggalug Registered User

Mar 24, 2014
    Norfolk
    Welcome to you, too, Kazza, from Oz, xxxxxxxxxxxxxx