Partner does not accept she has a problem

Docman

Jan 7, 2015
I have learnt to be more tolerant towards her asking the same question repeatedly quite frequently. Other members of the family are not so respectful of her situation. She is doing well by engaging in conversation and applying her knitting skills.::;)

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Hello Docman and welcome to TP.

So sorry you find yourself here but I am sure you will never regret joining. You are doing great with your wife sad that others are not following your lead. Great too that she is continuing to enjoy her pastimes.

You are probably not getting much support from the professionals if your wife is not accepting there is anything wrong. At the moment that is probably fine but please remember you too are important and have to look after your own health too. Have a look through the fact sheets on here and keep posting and using us for support and frienship,

Jay

Grumpy Gramps

Oct 30, 2012
West Yorkshire
Hello Docman. I am in exactly the same boat as you,K my partner of about 28 years insists that she is not ill. The only way I can get through it is to remember that she is perfectly happy and all the wonderful stories she keeps telling everyone to her are all true. Please look after you because your wife needs you.

Peace and Love

janey106

Dec 10, 2013
I have learnt to be more tolerant towards her asking the same question repeatedly quite frequently. Other members of the family are not so respectful of her situation. She is doing well by engaging in conversation and applying her knitting skills.::;)

Welcome Docman, great support to be found here as you journey through the wonders of this 'problem'. In my early days, someone encouraged me to read The Compassionate Carer and I shared this with friends and family. Sorry, can't find link but easy to find on t'internet. May help family to understand how to deal with repetitive questions etc and appreciate your loved-ones difficulties but also their successes and achievements when battling this. See you around ...