Parks homes for the retired / elderly

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Responses to this by PM please - we do not wish to compromise TP by it being seen to support or otherwise any particular company.
Thank you.
Helen

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
abby said:
am happy to delete mods
No need to delete, but it really is a difficult area, and very subjective. No two homes - even under the same company - will be the same, and they will also change over time as the residents come and go, and as staff come and go as well.

If we post something - good or bad - on TP about any homes, then the post stands always, and someone at a time in the future may be misled. Also, everyone has a different relative with a different version of the condition, and also different circumstances, different expectations, and different PCTs in the areas. Just too big a mix!

So, best if responses to specific questions about brands of care home are addressed via PMs.

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Just what I was trying to say Bruce - never could get enough words in the essays I used to have to write!
Helen

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi Helen

Nina says to me "Bruce, stop rabbitting on and get to the point"... I do go on a bit.... your response was absolutely great, and timely too.

Abby
I hope someone on TP can PM you with information that will help you. Sorry, but I can's as I don't know the company concerned.

cynron

Sep 26, 2005
east sussex
Abby dont be so touchy we all understand each other on here and you will find a lot of support. please dont leave us:D

Cynron x x

abby

Dec 19, 2006
West Country
Cynron..

Thanks for your reply....;) but I am not being touchy......just a newbie...who has bared my family's souls....not being a drama queen or expecting anything, nor do I need to unravel possible cryptic comments.....I get that from dad every day.......I don't know the personalities on here but just spoke openly and honestly.... that's all.....:(

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Can I just ask for a clarification? Are we asking about a specific company (which I agree would be appropriate for PMing) or are we talking about a type of house (isn't this what "mobile homes' are called in the UK? I'm sure that's what estate agents call them.

Jennifer

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Hi Jenniferpa
you are correct,park homes is the general term for static homes as opposed to caravans.
There is a firm of that name,in the Midlands ,I think.
If I find it I will PM Abby.
Norman

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Well, if we're talking about static homes in general, then surely that's an appropriate thing to discuss on the boards? It's just like discussing the pros and cons of flats, nursing homes, bungalows and the like.

Jennifer

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Ooooh errr.....

Amy said:
Responses to this by PM please - we do not wish to compromise TP by it being seen to support or otherwise any particular company.
Thank you.
Helen

Did I miss something? Have we gone all formal all of a sudden???? :confused:

TF

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Abby,
Sorry, I was joking with Bruce - didn't mean anything untoward by it. Maybe I'd better start using smileys instead of exclamation marks, so people don't think I'm getting cross;) :confused: :) :eek: Not certain which one to use though.:D Abby, you're doing great - you'll soon get to know the personalities, just give yourself , and us, time.:)
Love Helen

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
OK, OK Karen, so I had my school maam hat on when I posted the reply;) - to tell you the truth, I had this feeling that we were trying not to openly discuss particular companies, but I wasn't really certain what I was doing (OK, what's new?) I think I'll just quietly crawl away from this thread, and cry into a drink:eek: (any excuse)
This has all been said 'tongue in cheek':p
Love Helen

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Amy ....

Don't quite remember that Alice Cooper Christmas song (someone will remind me) but you know that one... 'School's Out' .... now put that Curriculum planning away and chill!!!! (Otherwise I'm gonna tell Santa on you ..... and you know what a playground fight that can start...!!!! ;)

Karen, x :)

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Christmas song? CHristmas song?

I believe the lyrics go School's Out for Summer!

So, only 6 months late (or early, depending on when you're a full glass/half glass kind of person).

Jennifer