Parkinson in 'dignity' campaign.

Discussion in 'Dementia-related news and campaigns' started by Taffy, May 21, 2008.

1. Taffy

Taffy Registered User

Apr 15, 2007
  2. Lynne

Lynne Registered User

Jun 3, 2005
    Suffolk,England
    #2 Lynne, May 21, 2008
    Last edited: May 21, 2008
    It certainly was, Taffy

and thanks for posting the link.

I also found that after Parky has done his spot, there is a link which appears to another interesting clip about 'Social Care', called something like Paul's Story.
    Sorry folks, :eek: I don't know how to bring the link to TP myself, we'll have to go the long way round unless one of our resident :rolleyes: Techno-wizzes does it!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7393127.stm
    Woo-Hoooo! I've done it (I think)

3. Taffy

Taffy Registered User

Apr 15, 2007
    Hi Lynne,

Paul's Story was sad in itself but what a realistic gentleman. I doubt that he will be holding his breath waiting for any reforms.

:( Insight, into what lays ahead for us. Regards Taffy.

4. Tender Face

Tender Face Account Closed

Mar 14, 2006
    NW England
    Thanks Taffy and Lynne

Confess I saw the news about my beloved 'Parky' and didn't post the link publicly ..... let's hope he can really champion the cause .... (apprecaite this is not solely dementia care).

I loved Paul's astuteness too .... if he could work out he paid £13 per hour for a carer how come Carer's Allowance is less than £50 per week for a minimum of 35 hours care? Might have to take my socks off and work that one out on my toes!!!!! :rolleyes:

Or maybe I should aim to be the next Chancellor of the Exchequor ... coz someone somewhere has got their sums wrong!!!!:mad:

Dignity is paramount - but that should be for carers too and recognise their worth ....

Love, Karen, x