Parents in Spain need care in uk

alficoo

Aug 14, 2019
Hi, both my parents moved to Spain 17 years ago with my brother and his family. My mum became ill with kidney problems almost 2 years ago and has been diagnosed with frontal lobe dementia and Alzheimer’s. My dad too has recently been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. My brother in Spain is struggling to provide them with appropriate care as well as run a business and it is clear that they need to go into a nursing home where they can be looked after properly.
I need help and advice on repatriating them to the UK and finding them the appropriate care.
Thanks in advance.

karaokePete

Jul 23, 2017
N Ireland
Hello and welcome to the forum.

I know that ex-pats living in Spain have been mentioned on the forum in the last couple of years so maybe someone with experience will see your post and reply.

It may be worth chatting with the experts on the help-line as they may be able to point you in the right direction, the details are
National Dementia Helpline
0300 222 11 22
Our helpline advisers are here for you.
Helpline opening hours:
Monday to Wednesday 9am – 8pm
Thursday and Friday 9am – 5pm
Saturday and Sunday 10am – 4pm

Live on-line advice is also available in the UK and you can see the details of that if you follow this link https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/get-support/national-dementia-helpline/live-online-advice