Panorama TV Show

Shaky

May 10, 2004
Dudley, West Midlands
Can bring your attention to this weeks Panorama 23rd July 2006
Amongst others it features my fight for continuing primary health care funding for my mom, please watch and I would appreciate your thought

Yours,
Phil Shakespeare (and all the Campaign Team)

www.fightthebureaucracy.org

"Thanks to the general public for their overwhelming support"

Shaky

May 10, 2004
Dudley, West Midlands
Panorama Plus

Sorry me again,

Just to add a couple of radio debates taking place proceeding Sunday's Panorama production.

Radio WM (95.6 in the West Midlands) at 7.45am Friday 21st 2006

and Radio 5 Live (nationwide) at 8.30-ish am. Friday 21st 2006

I will taking part in the phone in BUT more importantly legal experts are also taking part which may help some of your forum members?

Shaky

Attachments

• Panorama TV Show.jpg
    Panorama TV Show.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 574

carol

Jun 24, 2004
Surrey/Hampshire
I watched last evenings Panorama report. I think the way we all get treated stinks, our parents have worked hard to buy houses only to have it all taken away from them. They thought they were investing for their childrens futures.

I think you spoke very eloquently, and your Mum would be so proud of your fight on her behalf.

Best wishes.

Carol

Kayla

May 14, 2006
Kent
I watched the programme last night and hadn't appreciated that people who own their homes, not only have to pay for their own care, but actually pay considerably more than NHS or SS funded people. It really seems doubly unfair, that people who have worked hard all their lives, like my Mum and Dad, have to subsidise other people, as well as paying their Income Tax.
Why can't we have a system, where care needs for everyone are paid for by the State, and people contribute on a sliding scale, according to their means, through the income tax system? My Mum is still having to pay income tax, even though her NH home fees exceed her income and the PCT owe her five months nursing care contribution. We've rung the person responsible, but are still waiting for her to ring back and I've also written to our MP. It is bad enough having a relative who needs NH care, without having to worry about financial matters too.
Kayla

Shaky

May 10, 2004
Dudley, West Midlands
Thanks

Thanks Carol for your kind words,

I think the programme showed graphically the lottery of continuing care funding - no set guidelines adhered to just personal opinions on who the PCT thinks might be eligble and who is not. Most people are unlawfully denied the right to NHS funding - this is what has to stop.

I am proposing a march on downing street as soon as I have collected in the Petition Forms and achieved a suitable media deal to get the publicity this event will be made or broken by. My website has gone ballistic since the Panorama team linked it to their site so it's gonna take many many months to get this organised - I promise you the feedback from the general public dictates we must keep fighting this because 'something has got to give'

Phil Shakespeare

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suzanne F