PANORAMA Tonight

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear All,

It's great to hear everyone's comments and the 100% unanimous vote that Stephen Ladyman HAS TO GO...!!

I am still absolutely livid with this guy. I loved the comment about talking to the TV, because I was literally screaming at it.

Okay - what can we do now? Post your emails to the Panorama Website and write to your MP via the AD Web as has been wisely suggested by many. I've registered my concerns in detail.

What else can we do to ensure that his removal is fairly immediate? I don't know yet, but I'm racking my brains for a solution. Any further suggestions? A petition to Tony Blair may help get the message across.

Jude

susie

Nov 30, 2003
shropshire
Panorama

Hello Jude and everyone
I've registered my views with my local MP and would very happily sign a petition if anyone could start one. Sorry I can't do that myself but I'm working. Someone needs to make these ministers accountable and I know who I won't be voting for at the next election. The reaction on tha Panorama site and here has been amazing so I hope some of it filters down to the people that matter.

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
I finally saw it last night too.

His performance came across as fairly calculated - as if he were saying "Here's 20p - go and phone someone who gives a damn".

[and when you try and use it you find he has given you a washer]

One might be forgiven for wondering whether such a person is put in a sensitive post to cause uproar to divert attention from poblems of other people in the government somewhat more senior?

Last edited:

Jackie

Oct 9, 2003
Panorama

I am still fuming about that prat of a so-called MP (Stephen Ladyman)

Who the hell let him take such an important role for such sensitive issues - the man has insultuted every person who has or had Dementia or who looks after people with Dementia.

What this person has done - has shown what all of us already knew - that the Social Services and Goverment are totally, incompetent, insensitive, arrogant, ignorant and complete ******* about the whole issue of dementia.

My heart goes out to anyone having to deal with these people who call themselves 'experts' I fought 3 years to get the care my mum deserved, it has drained me mentally, but I would not let the ******** wear me down.

I have said so many times the illness you learn to deal with, but how an earth can you learn deal with morons like Stephen Ladyman?????

This ******** should be removed from office.

I will be sending a copy of this to Panorama.

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear All -

I hope I've had a better idea than a petition. Everyone uses email and petitions these days which tends minimise and condense things. What we need is a very BULKY complaint about Stephen Ladyman.

Will EVERYONE PLEASE write a letter registering their feelings about NHS Continuing Care and especially asking for Stephen Ladyman to stand down and send them directly to me within the next 3 WEEKS, say by 5 August. Please include photos as well if you can.

I think these letters need to be delivered to Tony Blair in large mail sacks. I have a friend with a big truck and am quite happy to pay for the petrol to get the letters up to London. I hope it would cause a big stir.

Please let me know by private message so that I can forward my address to you.

I will also try and arrange for some media coverage at delivery and perhaps a few people might like to attend as delegates.

Jude

Last edited:

susie

Nov 30, 2003
shropshire
jude's post sack

I've had a very quiet day at work and I've composed a long E Mail to Stehen Ladyman but can't quite get his address right. I've mailed my MP who is going to discuss my comments with the Secretary and get back to me. If I can't get my e mail off today, my letter will be in the post toyou today.

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Susie,

Send me a letter as well...!! I'll make sure that all these letters get to No 10, even if I have to crawl thru bomb squads to do it..

Let's strike while the iron's hot. We have to. We have our families who have AD NOW - but think about how many more people will be suffering with this in the very near future because of an aged population.

We need to help them too.

There have been almost 500 people who have scanned this post. Please will you ALL write to me - get your friend and family to write. as well. It's really important.

Jude

HELEN

Jul 16, 2004
wales
Hi Jude,

Count me in to. I'll write it today. I haven't been able to post recently due to computer problems but i was also furious . Because i couldn't vent my feelings here & i thought i was going to explode i emailed bbc ,but i must have gone to far because they didn't publish it! Made me feel better though.

Helen

Ps thanks Nada for your help

HELEN

Jul 16, 2004
wales
by the way its the same Helen as before, i'm not a new member , just a more assertive version i hope after trying to fight for mum .

Take care all

Helen

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Norm,

Panorama have probably been SO overwhelmed by the response that they've had to limit their response lines. I'm not upset that they haven't used my reply. I'm really amazed at all the people who aren't on this website who have actually taken the time to record their views. It's really great stuff. There's a huge groundswell of positive feeling out there for current AD sufferers as well as potential victims. Panorama have done an absolutely brilliant job I think. What we need to do now is keep the ball rolling.

Don't forget your letter to Tony Blair - please send me one. My address via private message.

Best wishes Jude

Kriss

May 20, 2004
Shropshire
No they didn't post my message either but it helped to write it all down! Had trouble posting recently but appear to be back on-line ok this morning so I'm just getting into my stride. My letter for Downing Street is on its way Jude.

Kriss

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Kriss,

Thanks so much for your support. I'm glad that we all feel so strongly about this. The mail hasn't arrived this morning yet, but I hoping for several letters. What I'm really hoping for is a truck load of them before 5 August.

Best wishes, Jude

Andrew

Jul 9, 2003
London
Newspaper Campaign

Other ideas for campaigning on this issue - I have just used the link on the Alzheimer's Society front page to email my local media about charging for care. It was so easy. I encourage others use it too - there is nothing like local publicity to get a campaign moving!

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Andrew,

Thanks so much for your support and another good idea for the campaign. Can you tell me how I find the 'front page' stuff? Also, please write me a letter. If you send me a private message, then I'll give you my postal address.

Many thanks. Jude

janey

Jun 29, 2004
e-mail your local media

Thanks Andrew and Nada for bringing this to our attention. This is a great facility - the e-mail template is excellent, and expresses just what I wanted to say.