Pain in my head

Sailor Tom

Dec 9, 2017
Not been on for sometime .l have had dementia for 4 years most of the time am not to bad but the last few month I have been getting
Very bad pains in my head I know its not headache as the pain doesn't last long .but its that bad it stops me in my tracks .its mainly in the front of my head

Tom

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello @Sailor Tom.

Can you keep a log of the times you have this severe pain and show it to the memory clinic? This will give them an accurate account of the number of times this occurs.

I often get a severe pain in my head and it can be quite frightening but they are very rare so I don`t see cause to worry. If you are having these pains more frequently it will help the memory clinic to know just how frequent these head pains are.

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Not been on for sometime .l have had dementia for 4 years most of the time am not to bad but the last few month I have been getting
Very bad pains in my head I know its not headache as the pain doesn't last long .but its that bad it stops me in my tracks .its mainly in the front of my head

Tom
Hello Tom,

I also think it would be useful to keep a diary of when these pains occur. Make sure you note what you were doing when it started, how long it lasts and even such things as what you've been eating. (Migraines can be triggered by certain foods!)

Sorry to hear your GP is useless and hope the MC can help you more. I'm not sure what sort of dementia you have but people with vascular dementia sometimes have TIAs:

Sailor Tom

Dec 9, 2017
Good evening
I said in my last post that I get a sharp pain in my head at the same as the pain my head is extremely hot all over.
Has anyone else had the same ?

Tom

AwayWithTheFairies

Apr 21, 2021
Hi Sailor Tom, that sounds awful! I wonder if you have had your eyes tested recently? My husband developed migraine later in life and it sounded similar to what you have, but it is much better now he has the right spectacles.

Sailor Tom

Dec 9, 2017
I have had my eyes tested every 12 month and there fine . L have alzheimers and frontal lobe dementia

Tom

AwayWithTheFairies

Apr 21, 2021
Well that sounds like eye problems are ruled out.

I don’t know if dementia would normally cause pains in the head, but could it be sinuses? Sometimes congestion in the nasal passages can cause sharp pain . It could be caused by allergies or an infection. Maybe try discussing at the chemists? Or go back to the GP and ask them to check for a sinus infection.

I’m just wondering if there could be another reason that’s nothing to do with the brain itself, and might be easily treatable to help you feel better.

My mum has had strokes and had no pain at all, I don’t think the brain itself “feels” much usually.