1. Welcome to Talking Point - an online community for everyone who is affected by dementia. Whether you have dementia or know someone who does, we will be there for you.

If you need help using Talking Point, read our Help pages or contact us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk

2. Hi everyone, Talking Point is back! We’ve updated the software in order to improve security, design, and the way the community works, and introduced some helpful features.

Find out more

PA Appointed

Discussion in 'I have dementia' started by Haverton, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Haverton

Haverton Registered User

Sep 12, 2016
    Essex
    I am so fortunate that a sum of money from my local adult services means that I can employ a PA. This is so welcome as it gives me more freedom to pursue outside activities where hitherto I could not access. I need to get about and to do so safely falls to my wife

She is most willing to accompany to a host of activities including games of football, swimming, walking, shopping and attending Dr's appointments ETC. She is going to make such a difference in terms of support. She will lesson stress levels both for me and my wife.

2. Cat27

Cat27 Volunteer Moderator

Feb 27, 2015
    Merseyside
    That's great Haverton.

3. LynneMcV

LynneMcV Volunteer Moderator

May 9, 2012
    south-east London
    A lovely positive post - it's always good to hear when the system works as it should and provides very welcome and much needed support ;)

4. danonwheels

danonwheels Registered User

That's good news.

5. Jeanie 73

Jeanie 73 Registered User

Apr 20, 2013
    N Lincolnshire
    So pleased for you both[emoji173][emoji173]

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

6. Haverton

Haverton Registered User

Sep 12, 2016