own home or not

perfectpatience

Oct 3, 2006
Essex
Thats a point. Though since January she has lost about a stone and a half...and her teeth only went missing about three months ago. Of course it must have something to do with it. Her drinking is really worrying me...or should I say lack of it. She really doesnt drink half enough...and used to love a cuppa...but now wont even drink that. She has been dehydrated twice now in 8 weeks. When I visit her soon I even try and give her some drink from a spoon...better than nothing I suppose.....the carers sometimes tell me how difficult it is to try and get her to drink. Thanks again. xx

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Perfect patience,
"Its just I feel so guilty putting my mum in the care home....she might have stayed a bit better longer....even though now I would never be able to cope with her as she is now....but part of me is saying I might...and she could even improve and get a little better....she did it once....why not now? "
I can empathise with you on that one!

"used to love a cuppa"
Mum did. Now it is difficult to get her to drink tea. We have found that a cup of milk (with her meal) goes down quite well, and plain water. Dad and I don't bother with a cup of tea, though I think the Care staff still do.
Love Helen

perfectpatience

Oct 3, 2006
Essex
carehome or not

Hi Amy. Seems you too are in the same boat as me. Ive just returned from the care home (I like to settle mum in bed) And I must admit Ive come out this evening feeling more down than ever. There didnt seem to be any staff on tonight...then I saw a few of them having a break having fags outside in the ground...and I was left in the dining room with most of the residents....including mum who was so 'out of it' tonight. One lady kept calling me nurse...and asking me to take her to the toilet. I guess its not always as depressing as tonight I will admit. The day time carers are really nice and seem to think the world of my mum. Yes she was so quiet tonight....and just sat staring into space....didnt say my name once tonight. Guess its good and bad days now....Ive got to accept that. Best wishes. PP xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoobix