gringo

Feb 1, 2012
UK.
Ode ear, ode ear.

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,
may God (?) hold you in the palm of His hand.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Gosh my pet ...what an end to your/their journey. .... you never expected this detour did you?
I am so pleased that you managed to find the people behind the illness .. Ronnie Scotts eh? dead glam that was! ;);)
Now it's time to build the life that you and Peter ( and me bonnie lad of course) choose next. How lovely that you won't have to scrimp and save for every little thing, and you can take your mind over the planning.

I missed my Mam more this Christmas than I did last year, and probably more even than the last couple she was here for, and I guess that you will have felt the same without your Mam and Peter's folks too...... but now....... it's your time....go on enjoy it, you've earned it.x.x.x

Happy New Year my pet....... and love to you all.x.x.x

Last edited:

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
ow feed her sane = auf weidersehen

shut hold dark wait hence bee four got... = Should old acquaintance be forgot ...

Sorry Tin :eek: xxx

See, clear as a bell now, I am going to miss your teachings.

Ronnie Scotts in London, a place I used to go after the pubs closed - jazz, cigarette smoke and whisky - made for some very strange late night conversations.

At least visit the tea room now and then, take care and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Gwen we will miss you. And as I'm here in my bungalow and working in my own (too) large garden, I'll think of you and your family in yours
- with the sherry and the money, which I don't have! But I'm smiling to myself here at the thoughts of your mil, hugging that surprise to herself. What pleasure it must have given her, to know that after all you and OH had done, when it was over, as she said, you would have a lovely surprise.
Take care Gwen. xx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Dear Gwen,

My heart soared when I read your news; comfort coming your way through MIL's secret. Delightful- but sad we will be hearing less from you. I can understand why you need to step back and wish you nothing but the best. You deserve all the happiness that is coming to you.

I hope you tread an easier path from now on.

Much love to you my friend.

XXXXXX

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
I'm so sorry I missed this Gwen.
Coming to terms with it all, so difficult. But how wonderful to have such a surprise.
Your humour and down to earthness (?) have given me a helping hand so often along the road.
I hope apart from your worries about Daniel that life will be kinder now to you both.

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
I hope you enjoy it all, Gwen.

Please don't ever feel guilty about being left an inheritance - Margaret clearly wanted you to get this lovely surprise xx

angecmc

Dec 25, 2012
hertfordshire
You and your lovely family deserve this wonderful inheritance. Enjoy the fruits of your labour and may the sun shine on you for many more years. Will miss you xx

Ange

Hair Twiddler

Aug 14, 2012
Middle England
Sorry to read the sad news re. your in-law family.
All my best wishes for you, Pete & Daniel in 2017.

On a practical note perhaps Sal might like a fur coat bed?

Nanak

Mar 25, 2010
Brisbane Australia
Sorry to read your news Gwen. Late condolences.

I don't get on to TP often.

It was nice to hear of your surprise/shock. Something for you to plan and look forward to once everything settles down.

Good luck

Kim

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
I am sorry to hear your news Gwen, but wish you and your family well for the future. A time for you maybe now. J x

dottyd

Jan 22, 2011
n.e.
Wow , amazing good fortune.
So pleased for you Gwen.
I too have become the recipient of great good fortune which could go back tonight if I could have my lovely mum back as she was.