1. Expert Q&A: Living well as a carer - Weds 28 August, 3-4pm

As a carer for a person living with dementia, the needs of the person you care for will often come before your own. You may experience a range of difficult emotions and you may not have the time to do all the things you need to do. Caring can have a big impact on both your mental and physical health, as well as your overall wellbeing.

Angelo, our Knowledge Officer (Wellbeing) is our expert on this topic. He will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 28 August between 3-4pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. 2jays

2jays Registered User

Jun 4, 2010
    West Midlands
    Ow weed a sane

Hop fool honey tar rah four now end weesea eww sum zunny dae

OXO

2. gringo

gringo Registered User

Feb 1, 2012
    UK.
    Ode ear, ode ear.

May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind be always at your back.
    May the sun shine warm upon your face;
    the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,
    may God (?) hold you in the palm of His hand.

3. cragmaid

cragmaid Registered User

Oct 18, 2010
    North East England
    #43 cragmaid, Dec 30, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    Gosh my pet ...what an end to your/their journey. .... you never expected this detour did you?
    I am so pleased that you managed to find the people behind the illness .. Ronnie Scotts eh? dead glam that was! ;);)
    Now it's time to build the life that you and Peter ( and me bonnie lad of course) choose next. How lovely that you won't have to scrimp and save for every little thing, and you can take your mind over the planning.

I missed my Mam more this Christmas than I did last year, and probably more even than the last couple she was here for, and I guess that you will have felt the same without your Mam and Peter's folks too...... but now....... it's your time....go on enjoy it, you've earned it.x.x.x

Happy New Year my pet....... and love to you all.x.x.x

4. Tin

Tin Registered User

May 18, 2014
    UK
    See, clear as a bell now, I am going to miss your teachings.

Ronnie Scotts in London, a place I used to go after the pubs closed - jazz, cigarette smoke and whisky - made for some very strange late night conversations.

At least visit the tea room now and then, take care and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

5. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Good luck Gwen. Wishing you well. xx

6. LadyA

LadyA Registered User

Oct 19, 2009
    Ireland
    Gwen we will miss you. And as I'm here in my bungalow and working in my own (too) large garden, I'll think of you and your family in yours
    - with the sherry and the money, which I don't have! But I'm smiling to myself here at the thoughts of your mil, hugging that surprise to herself. What pleasure it must have given her, to know that after all you and OH had done, when it was over, as she said, you would have a lovely surprise.
    Take care Gwen. xx

7. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    Wishing you. Peter and Daniel well Gwen.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

8. velocity

velocity Registered User

Feb 18, 2013
    North Notts
    Over and out

So sad and so happy for you. Thank you for past posts xx :)

9. LYN T

LYN T Registered User

Aug 30, 2012
    Brixham Devon
    Dear Gwen,

My heart soared when I read your news; comfort coming your way through MIL's secret. Delightful- but sad we will be hearing less from you. I can understand why you need to step back and wish you nothing but the best. You deserve all the happiness that is coming to you.

I hope you tread an easier path from now on.

Much love to you my friend.

XXXXXX

10. CeliaW

CeliaW Registered User

Jan 29, 2009
    Hampshire
    Take good care of yourself Gwen and I hope the future holds less stress for you xx

Sent from my SM-T310 using Talking Point mobile app

11. bemused1

bemused1 Registered User

Mar 4, 2012
    I'm so sorry I missed this Gwen.
    Coming to terms with it all, so difficult. But how wonderful to have such a surprise.
    Your humour and down to earthness (?) have given me a helping hand so often along the road.
    I hope apart from your worries about Daniel that life will be kinder now to you both.

12. Soobee

Soobee Registered User

Aug 22, 2009
    South
    I hope you enjoy it all, Gwen.

Please don't ever feel guilty about being left an inheritance - Margaret clearly wanted you to get this lovely surprise xx

13. angecmc

angecmc Registered User

Dec 25, 2012
    hertfordshire
    You and your lovely family deserve this wonderful inheritance. Enjoy the fruits of your labour and may the sun shine on you for many more years. Will miss you xx

Ange

14. Mal2

Mal2 Registered User

Oct 14, 2014
    Enfield
    Wishing you and your family, a good future Gwen. M xxx :)

15. Risa

Risa Registered User

Apr 13, 2015
    Essex
    Wishing you a happy and peaceful future :)

16. Hair Twiddler

Hair Twiddler Registered User

Aug 14, 2012
    Middle England
    Sorry to read the sad news re. your in-law family.
    All my best wishes for you, Pete & Daniel in 2017.

On a practical note perhaps Sal might like a fur coat bed?

17. Nanak

Nanak Registered User

Mar 25, 2010
    Brisbane Australia
    Sorry to read your news Gwen. Late condolences.

I don't get on to TP often.

It was nice to hear of your surprise/shock. Something for you to plan and look forward to once everything settles down.

Good luck

Kim

18. jan.s

jan.s Registered User

Sep 20, 2011
    I am sorry to hear your news Gwen, but wish you and your family well for the future. A time for you maybe now. J x

19. dottyd

dottyd Registered User

Jan 22, 2011
    n.e.
    Wow , amazing good fortune.
    So pleased for you Gwen.
    I too have become the recipient of great good fortune which could go back tonight if I could have my lovely mum back as she was.

20. kingmidas1962

kingmidas1962 Registered User

Jun 10, 2012
    Female
    South Gloucs
    Goodness. I don't pop in here often these days and was only wondering how things were with you. I understand the relief but send my heartfelt condolences for your losses.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Talking Point mobile app