1. Nell

Nell Registered User

Aug 9, 2005
    Australia
    Those of yu who have read my psts will know that my parents moved into a Hostel about 15 months ago because Mum has dementia and she was already Dad's carer as he is seriously disabled.

Dad's health has been precarious for a long time and over the last month has gone down hill rapidly. He was admitted to hospital on Tuesday night (with systems failure) and died just before 3am yesterday (Sunday morning).

He passed peacefully and not in pain for which we are so grateful. But we are all in great pain, especially my dear Mum. Her AD is not so far advanced that she doesn't understand - in fact (amazingly) she has been at her best for a ong time over the last 2 weeks.

Please TPers, think of us - but esp. of my poor little Mum - it breaks my heart to see her bowed under this terrible grief.
    Nell

2. Amy

Amy Registered User

Jan 4, 2006
    Dear Nell,
    I am so sorry for your loss, and your mum's.
    You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.
    Love Helen

3. DickG

DickG Registered User

Feb 26, 2006
    Stow-on-the-Wold
    Dear Nell

You, your family and especially your mum will be in my thoughts tonight.

Hugs

Dick

4. Áine

Áine Registered User

So sorry to hear of your loss Nell. It's good that dad went without him being in pain. Like you say though, the pain for those left behind can be immense. How horrid for your poor mum. I think it must be so much harder to deal with grief at that stage of dementia. Sending love to both of you.

{{{{{{Nell and mum}}}}}}

Áine

5. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    So sorry Nell, to hear of your loss. I would like to offer my deepest sympathy and sincere condolences.

I seems your Dad suffered long and hard, so I hope it will be some consolation for you to know he, at least, is now suffering no longer.

I hope you will be strong enough to cope with your grief and the grief of your Mother.

With love.............Grannie G

6. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Nell, so sorry to hear of your loss. I'll be thinking of you and your Mum tonight. Love and hugs,
    Skye

7. Kathleen

Kathleen Registered User

Mar 12, 2005
    West Sussex
    Nell

So sorry to hear of the sad loss of your Dad and the suffering of your Mum.

Thinking of you both.

Kathleen

8. maria29al

maria29al Registered User

Mar 15, 2006
    Warwickshire
    So sorry to hear your sad news.

I will be thinking of you and your Mum.
    Much love and hugs
    M
    x

9. Nell

Nell Registered User

Aug 9, 2005
    Australia
    Thank you so much to all of you for your kindness and your prayers. It is so hard for us at present but the thoughtfulness and support of many has been a huge help. Thank you for helping me and my Mum to bear this grief.
    Nell

10. Lila13

Lila13 Registered User

Feb 24, 2006
    I'm sorry about your father, Nell.

Lila

11. zak

zak Registered User

Sep 29, 2006
    so sorry

so sorry to hear of your sad loss nell. i hope you and your mum will be ok. my thoughts are with you both