Our lovely Mum is now at peace...............

kazlou

Feb 3, 2006
Surrey
Sadly our lovely Mum died on Monday 9th March and is now at peace..........
Mum had Vascular Dementia/Alzheimer's for approx 7-8 years and had to go into a EMI Care Home
in the summer. The staff have been wonderful and on Friday 6th Mum was taken to a hospital in Kent
with breathing problems I was away on holiday and arrived home Monday morning and getting a call from my brother telling me what had happened, I rushed down to the hospital and Mum knew it was me although unable to speak she put her arm out and around me for a hug !! this meant so much to me and gave me comfort. sadly she passed away that evening (I am sure she had waited until I could be there).
I wish to add that the nursing care Mum received was terrible the nurses had no understanding of a person with dementia and said Mum was not co- operating with them over her treatment, would lash out at them and also we were told that the previous night Mum had been found wandering down the corridor. I asked if there were any trained dementia nurses at the hospital and told no !!!.
I am going to campaign in Mum's memory for at least 1 trained dementia nurse to be available to assist in the care of people with dementia/Alzheimer's.
Thank you T.P and all of you that have given me and others so much support over the past few years I knew I was not alone. x x x

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Kazlou

I am so sorry for your loss but so glad that you could be there before your mum left this world:) Sincere condolences to you.

Love

linbox

Mar 12, 2009
Devon
Dear Kazlou,

Yours was the first message I read on Talking Point, I am so glad that you managed to feel your Mums arms around you once more before she passed away, it was her last gift to you. I have just started the long road with my Dad, but am so glad that I have found a place to share this journey with others.
My sincere condolences.
Lin

Sam Iam

Sep 29, 2008
WEST OF THE MOON
Kazlou, so sorry to read of your Mums passing, I am pleased she waited for you and you had one last cuddle with her for you to cherrish.xx

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Dear Kazlou:

I am sad to hear the news of your Mum. It was good that you had the 'last hug' and that will hold in your memory.

She is now at peace and away from the turmoil of dementia.

Take care yourself. Love Jan

Scottie45

Jan 25, 2009
CoAntrim
Hello Kazlou

So sorry to hear that your mum is no longer with you.I am glad that you managed to get to her in time,what a wonderful memory you have been left with.Take care Marian x

kazlou

Feb 3, 2006
Surrey
Thank you all for your kind words & thoughts they will help carry me through on Thursday 19th March the day of Mum's funeral.
I

imac.girll1

Feb 20, 2009
Glasgow
Deepest sympathy

All has said it already, but my deepest sympathy on your loss, fight the good campaign for a dementia nurse on the wards of all hospitals, trust me WE ARE ALL BEHIND YOU and no doubt will give you all the support you require.

Hugs iMac x

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear Kazlou, I'm very sorry to hear the news about your mum. I'll be thinking of you on Thursday. Deborah

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Dear Kazlou,

I can't say anything other than what has already been posted here, but sincere sympathy for your loss. How lovely that you had one last cuddle with your mum.

Thinking of you

Vonny xxx

julieann15

Jun 13, 2008
Leicestershire
Just wanted to say how sorry we were to read of your mum's death. Sending love to you and your family at this very sad time

Love Julie and Ian xx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tori_75