Our lovely Mum is now at peace...............

barbara h

Feb 15, 2008
county durham
Dear Kazlou,

So sorry to hear your sad news. It must have been nice to have one last hug from your mam and that she knew you were there.

love
barbara h

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Kazlou

I am going to campaign in Mum's memory for at least 1 trained dementia nurse to be available to assist in the care of people with dementia/Alzheimer's.

That will be a wonderfull honour of your Mum's memory:)
We are sorry for your loss X
Barb & Ron XX

DianeB

May 29, 2008
nottinghamshire
(((((Kazlou))))) sending you my biggest hugs available. It seems your dear Mum passed away the day after my Mum, so maybe they can go to heaven together, my Mums funeral is tomorrow, so I will think of you on Thursday xxxxx

You mention the nursing staff, this is why I started the below petition requesting more dementia nurses within our hospitals, it is not until you have first hand experience of this that you truely realise how upsetting this is. I have now had this web site put on Mums Order of Service, as the petition runs out on the 6th April and I am hoping for 1000 signitures. I know it wont help us but if this can help prevent it happening to others then it wont be in vain.

You are welcome to send me a private message if you wish, at present I am heartbroken but finding it hard to let go.

Love Diane xxx

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Dear Kazlou

Sorry if I am late catching up with this thread, probably because my dad, has only a few more days left and I have been spending lots of time with him in the NH.

So very sorry to hear about your Mum

Please look after yourself

Love
Alfjess

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
Dear Kazlou

Your mum is now at peace. Sorry you were not happy with the experience in the hospital, that is sad. Makes me glad that my mum died in the care home, though the death certificate says otherwise. Hopefully your mum was not aware of the shortcomings of the hospital staff, and died peacefully nevertheless.

I now realise that today was the day of your mum's funeral. I hope you laid her to rest in peace. It is only 3 months since I went through the same, and next Friday we are interring her ashes with her mother and two sisters. So another dreary task to go through.

Think positive my friend, think of the good times that she had, think of her as a loved child, a loved wife, a loved mother, and know you did your best for her in her later years.

Love

Margaret

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne-Marie14