Our lovely Mum is now at peace...............

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Support discussions' started by kazlou, Mar 12, 2009.

1. kazlou

kazlou Registered User

Feb 3, 2006
    Surrey
    Sadly our lovely Mum died on Monday 9th March and is now at peace..........
    Mum had Vascular Dementia/Alzheimer's for approx 7-8 years and had to go into a EMI Care Home
    in the summer. The staff have been wonderful and on Friday 6th Mum was taken to a hospital in Kent
    with breathing problems I was away on holiday and arrived home Monday morning and getting a call from my brother telling me what had happened, I rushed down to the hospital and Mum knew it was me although unable to speak she put her arm out and around me for a hug !! this meant so much to me and gave me comfort. sadly she passed away that evening (I am sure she had waited until I could be there).
    I wish to add that the nursing care Mum received was terrible the nurses had no understanding of a person with dementia and said Mum was not co- operating with them over her treatment, would lash out at them and also we were told that the previous night Mum had been found wandering down the corridor. I asked if there were any trained dementia nurses at the hospital and told no !!!.
    I am going to campaign in Mum's memory for at least 1 trained dementia nurse to be available to assist in the care of people with dementia/Alzheimer's.
    Thank you T.P and all of you that have given me and others so much support over the past few years I knew I was not alone. x x x

2. Lynne

Lynne Registered User

Jun 3, 2005
    Suffolk,England
    Oh Kaz

I'm so sorry for your loss, but relieved that your Mum is at peace & beyond confusion & distress.

Love x

3. Helen33

Helen33 Registered User

Jul 20, 2008
    Dear Kazlou

I am so sorry for your loss but so glad that you could be there before your mum left this world:) Sincere condolences to you.

Love

4. christine_batch

christine_batch Registered User

Jul 31, 2007
    Buckinghamshire
    Dear Kazlou,

I am so sorry to read that your Mother has passed away.

May you be granted the strength to get you through the coming days.

Best wishes
    Christine

5. linbox

linbox Registered User

Mar 12, 2009
    Devon
    Dear Kazlou,

Yours was the first message I read on Talking Point, I am so glad that you managed to feel your Mums arms around you once more before she passed away, it was her last gift to you. I have just started the long road with my Dad, but am so glad that I have found a place to share this journey with others.
    My sincere condolences.
    Lin

6. Cl13

Cl13 Registered User

Feb 19, 2009
    Cumbria uk
    Hello Kazlou, please accept my condolences, Lynn

7. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Dear Kazlou

Please accept my deepest sympathy on the loss of your mother.

8. gigi

gigi Registered User

Nov 16, 2007
    East Midlands
    Dear Kazlou...

Sorry to read about your mum.

My sincere condolences to you and your family.

Love gigi xx

9. Sam Iam

Sam Iam Registered User

Sep 29, 2008
    WEST OF THE MOON
    Kazlou, so sorry to read of your Mums passing, I am pleased she waited for you and you had one last cuddle with her for you to cherrish.xx

10. connie

connie Registered User

Mar 7, 2004
    Frinton-on-Sea
    Dear Kazlou, Saddened to read your news, but glad that mum is now at peace.

Please take care of yourself now.

11. BeckyJan

BeckyJan Registered User

Nov 28, 2005
    Derbyshire
    Dear Kazlou:

I am sad to hear the news of your Mum. It was good that you had the 'last hug' and that will hold in your memory.

She is now at peace and away from the turmoil of dementia.

Take care yourself. Love Jan

12. Scottie45

Scottie45 Registered User

Jan 25, 2009
    CoAntrim
    Hello Kazlou

So sorry to hear that your mum is no longer with you.I am glad that you managed to get to her in time,what a wonderful memory you have been left with.Take care Marian x

13. Tender Face

Tender Face Account Closed

Mar 14, 2006
    NW England
    So sorry to hear your news, Kazlou.

Love and condolences to you and the family, Karen, x

14. tillygirl

tillygirl Registered User

Jan 7, 2009
    Tyneside
    Dear Kazlou,

Sorry to hear of your Mum's passing. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

Love and hugs Tilly

15. ChrisH

ChrisH Registered User

Apr 16, 2008
    Devon, England
    Sorry to hear about your mum. Take heart that she is at peace now. Condolences to you and your family.

Chris

16. kazlou

kazlou Registered User

Feb 3, 2006
    Surrey
    Thank you all for your kind words & thoughts they will help carry me through on Thursday 19th March the day of Mum's funeral.
    I

17. imac.girll1

imac.girll1 Registered User

Feb 20, 2009
    Glasgow
    Deepest sympathy

All has said it already, but my deepest sympathy on your loss, fight the good campaign for a dementia nurse on the wards of all hospitals, trust me WE ARE ALL BEHIND YOU and no doubt will give you all the support you require.

Hugs iMac x

18. DeborahBlythe

DeborahBlythe Registered User

Dec 1, 2006
    Dear Kazlou, I'm very sorry to hear the news about your mum. I'll be thinking of you on Thursday. Deborah

19. Vonny

Vonny Registered User

Feb 3, 2009
    Telford
    Dear Kazlou,

I can't say anything other than what has already been posted here, but sincere sympathy for your loss. How lovely that you had one last cuddle with your mum.

Thinking of you

Vonny xxx

20. julieann15

julieann15 Registered User

Jun 13, 2008
    Leicestershire
    Just wanted to say how sorry we were to read of your mum's death. Sending love to you and your family at this very sad time

Love Julie and Ian xx