Our girl

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
A few weeks ago I posted a picture of my lovely new daughter in law Sarah on the 'pics' thread as I wanted to share with everyone that wonderful, joyous day. What I didn't mention was that this vibrant, beautiful girl was dying from Acute Leukaemia. She had been suffering for two years. We thought last summer our troubles were over but the horrid disease returned in the Autumn. She died last Friday aged 34 and it was one of the saddest days of my life. Today we attended her funeral. She wrote an article which was accepted by the Weekend Guardian and this will be published, along with her photo in tomorrow's edition. Sarah was a very private person, never wanting the limelight and very contented with the ordinary things of life so I know this article must have cost her a lot to write. I hope that some of you are able to read it. Bless you all.

xxTinaT

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Oh i am sorry to read about your daughter in law , how sad to be taken so young xx

Weekend Guardian and this will be published, along with her photo in tomorrow's edition.

shall get it tomorrow xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Tina, what a tragedy. Your poor son. It puts my problems into perspective.

I will try to read the article tomorrow, the print is a bit small for me, but I will try.

Please accept my deepest sympathy and sincere condolences to you and your son.

Take care.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Tina, so shocked and sorry to hear your news. I will look out for the article tomorrow. Love Deborah x

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Dear Tina,
My sincere condolences to you, your son and all of Sarah's family and friends. So young to have it all end. She is just a year older than my daughter - makes it very personal somehow.

Thinking of you and sending you loving wishes.

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Bless You All

Many, many thanks for all your kind words. It is all so raw and painful at the moment. I can't sleep tonight, my stomach is in knots. Even though I have told Ken many times about Sarah dying, each time it is new information for him and he goes through all the shock and horror as if for the first time. He was distraught at the funeral but in some ways the illness has also helped him, as he forgets so quickly. It has had the effect of pushing him on a little further in his Lewy Body Disease though. Tonight he keeps asking if we live at this house? Is it a flat because he can't find any stairs, etc etc. He has just gone back to bed for the umpteenth time.

I feel grateful for the love of our family, both my own and my extended family belonging to Sarah. I also feel very grateful to belong to the extended TP family and my special private messaging friend who I found through TP. She has helped me through some very dark days.
xx TinaT

Tina

May 19, 2006
So sorry

Dear Tina,

I was so sorry to hear your daughter in law has passed away. I remember looking at the pictures thread a few weeks ago and seeing the photo you had posted. What a tragedy to happen to your family, and hers.
My thoughts are with you all.
Tina

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
I am so very sorry for your loss.

The 12 year old daughter of a friend of mine died yesterday so I am also feeling rather raw. Life really is a bitch at times.

Take care.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Just so very sorry to hear your news. It brings it home to me as our eldest daughter was 34 yesterday. You are obviously a very close family so I hope you are taking some comfort and support from each other.

Very best wishes Jan

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
I really do know how you are feeling as we lost our lovely son in law last August aged 42, six weeks after he was diagnosed with cancer. How I wish I could say it gets easier.

Last night we had a party for his daughter's 18th birthday a very bitter sweet occasion. My daughter had made a montage of photo's from grandaughter's birth onwards. It was a lovely way of ensuring her Dad was at the celebrations. He would have been so proud of her!

Thinking of you and your family at this very sad time.

Love Linda x

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear TinaT, thank you for highlighting the article. it took me a while to find it as I ws looking in the wrong section: (not your fault, I automatically went to the Family section and the article was in the magazine.)
I've re-read it this morning and am amazed at how calmly Sarah writes, almost matter-of-fact about the prognosis. It was brave of her to share her thoughts with the world especially if, as you say, she was a very private person. Also her article was instructive because it showed that she seemed to have come to terms with the inevitable and was busy trying to make things as easy as possible for others. That was a very courageous approach to take and also extremely dignified. After I read it I wanted to leap up and get on with my life because which of us knows how long we have to achieve what needs to be done?

The article is a very precious gift to us all. Thank you for letting us know about it. Sarah's friends and family must be very proud of her. Love Deborah Bythe

Libby

May 20, 2006
North East
Dear TinaT

I feel so saddened at the news of your Daughter in Law's death. I've just logged onto the Guardian and read her article - she must have been a very very special person.

Death is so hard to cope with for any one, but for me , when the person is young it makes it so much harder.

My cousin died of cancer a few days before his 18th birthday, and although it's 26 years ago, it can still bring tears to my eyes.

Thinking of you all

Libs

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
The painful sadness of a loved one dying touches us all. Thank you for sharing your memories with me. I know Sarah would have been thrilled to read your comments about her article.
xxTinaT

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Tina

I'm so sorry to hear about the death of your lovely daughter-in-law. She was such a beautiful girl, I remember well the wedding photos you posted.

I've just read the article online -- it was so moving. The part that got to me was 'I can't talk about what sandals I want for the summer'.

It was so brave of her to write the article, and well done the Guardian for publishing it.

My deepest sympathy to you and your son.

Love,

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Tina,

What a moving article. Your daughter-in-law was so brave without a trace of self pity. You must be so proud in your grief.

Thinking of you and your family.

Sue