Our Final Moment Together

Acco

Oct 3, 2011
The love of my life, Pat, passed peacefully away in my arms tonight.
Whilst in my arms I sang our night time routine songs, said The Lords Prayer and sang Psalm 23 as best I could remember it. I then told Pat again that I loved her and she would always be in my heart and memory. I thanked her for all the love and joy she had given to me and told her there was nothing more to be said and she could now leave me and be at peace. I kissed her and said, 'Goodbye'. A moment later she was gone.
A beautiful period and my hopes and prayers came true; together at home for a peaceful end to the trials we have both faced over the last 10years of that dreadful disease.
I know the manner of her passing will be a comfort to me over the coming days and weeks.
Thank you for your kindness and support shown to us via Talking Point.

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
So sorry you lost your beautiful Pat , wishing you strength for the coming days. My deepest sympathy to you x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry you have list Pat. You describe her passing beautifully. Sending you my condolences and wishing you strength.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I'm so sorry Acco. Pat must have felt so safe and secure in your arms as she passed away. A gentle passing for you both-I hope that gives you some comfort in your darkest days.

Take care of yourself

Love

Lyn T XX

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
What a wonderful way to die for your Pat, wishing you much strength for the coming weeks. Please accept my sincere condolences

Margaret79

May 11, 2010
Wisbech, Cambridgeshire
Oh Acco I'm so sorry your lovely Pat has passed on.

Thank you for sharing the lovely description of your last moments together, it's wonderful to hear of such a peaceful time.

Sending love & strength for the days to come. xxx

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Deepest sympathy acco. You have shared some lovely and loving moments with us. Thank you for the light they have brought to us all.

loveahug

Nov 28, 2012
Moved to Leicester
How wonderful that you were able to give your Pat peace and comfort and that the memory gives you some comfort to go forward in life. My sincere condolences - Hugs x

Lilac Blossom

Oct 6, 2014
Scotland
Dear Acco

"A beautiful period and my hopes and prayers came true; together at home for a peaceful end to the trials we have both faced over the last 10years of that dreadful disease"

Thank you for sharing those special moments you and Pat experienced together. I am so glad your hopes and prayers were granted - what a blessing indeed.

(Hugs) Lilac

Last edited:

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Acco, God love you, this one brings tears to my own eyes. Heartfelt, loving wishes along with my condolences.

Gigglemore

Oct 18, 2013
British Isles
So sorry for the loss of your beloved. Wishing you strength for the sad time ahead without her. Thank you for describing her peaceful passing - something we all wish for our loved ones.

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
I doubt whether anyone could read your moving post without having a cry.

Thank you for sharing such beautiful moments with us. I am sure you will always be comforted when you look back to last night.