Our beautiful loved ones always hidden beneath

smudgedog

Oct 31, 2012
Hello everyone,
I have posted a few threads on here recently as my mother was diagnosed with alzheimers in June. I have been struggling to come to terms with it and feeling extremely sad seeing my mum changing before my eyes and the very special lady that I love so much, slowly slipping away. Then whilst reading a book, something totally independent of my mums illness, I came across a Shakespeare quote which immediately made me think of my mum and brought a smile to my face. I wanted to share it with you in the hope it brings a slight bit of happiness and light to this dark and horrible condition. The quote was:

'But flowers distilled, though they with winter meet,***Leese but their show; their substance still lives sweet.'

I interpreted this as that our 'flowers' (loved ones) have met the dark winter (through alzheimers) but
this has and will only take away their exterior appearance and the wonderful people they really are, will always still remain inside.

This thought has brought me a little happiness. Please let me know your thoughts.

smudgedog

Oct 31, 2012
Thank you both very much. I hope it brings even a tiny bit of comfort to everyone. It made me smile and made me think about the amazing person my mum still is.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Talking Point mobile app

Jeanie 73

Apr 20, 2013
N Lincolnshire
Thank you both very much. I hope it brings even a tiny bit of comfort to everyone. It made me smile and made me think about the amazing person my mum still is.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Talking Point mobile app

Hello Smudgedog nice to see you have found comfort in a verse, I love it. I am experiencing my own ,well they could be problems but prefer to look at them differently, for now any way!
I did my shop via Sainsbugs on my PC luckily I noticed I had spent over £70 just on Cottage pies!! I did correct it, only wanted two, but have to wonder if they would have delivered all of them or queried it just thinking I was holding a street party!! :D

Daughter reminded me of the time I was going sailing out of BHS on my disability scooter after having looked at what was on offer in the sale and with my chosen items draped over the handlebars as I headed to the door! she was a way behind me and had no choice but to call out "Mum you haven't paid for those" I was mortified at the time, but raises a smile now. I often wonder though if I had gone out the door would I have ended up down the Police Station??

Lovely to see you posting,often wonder how things are with you, Jeanie x