Our Angels the Police

robertjohnmills

Nov 16, 2008
Bexley in Kent nr London
There is nothing like being arrested for ****ing in public, shopliftling or loitering suspiciously, to get your loved one down to the Cop Shop and that phone call from the Police, to ask you to pick them up.
There is nothing like it because it initiates the fastest reaction time by Social Services and a sudden deep concern by Mental Health Services for your partners' well being.
Where before there was no interest, suddenly they are falling over themselves to offer more care funding, immediate and unrestricted respite care and home visits from the Team!
Good old Mr Plod! He can do something I have been trying for ages to do and that's kick ass!;)

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
My friend is a social worker and often gets angry when the police make the wrong type of intervention. She has helped many people who have suffered at the hands of the police. The problem is she is not always invited to help when help is so obviously needed.

I am a member of our local Mental Health Patient's Council who give seminars (all mental heath users involved) regarding mental health issues and the police.

A little more education for the police throughout the country would be a good thing.

Glad you are getting help but very sorry it had to be initated in this way.

xxTinaT

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Robert

I'm glad you've at last got some action, even though the method sounds rather traumatic!:eek:

Still, whatever works!:D

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Oh God Robert. Is he (and you) OK? Why does this sound oh so depressingly plausible? It always seems that social services are entirely event driven, and this is another example.

Take care

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello:

I have posted about 'angels' before but never thought they came in such a way!!! (Wish I had thought of it in the early days;)). :pWings without doubt!!:p

Its a weird way to get support, but thank God you did!!

Good luck Jan

AnnS

Apr 26, 2008
South
Police taxi's

Robert,
Glad to hear your are getting some help, albeit it having to go pear shaped first. Sad to say it seems to be the same across the country. Social work department reckoned mum was "managing" until she went missing and got her very own taxi home where the taxi driver had a nice blue uniform and a funny flashing light on his cab - bless she couldn't understand why he wouldn't take her to the shops.

All the best

Ann