Other symptoms

dogdayafternoon

Dec 30, 2017
Still not here, 3 hrs and 40 minutes, they just say they are very busy and asked if I could take her to the hospital
Now she can not understand why she can not just get into bed and I have to keep explaining I can not pick her up, need the ambulance, once she goes down she is unable to get back on her feet.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
I had the same problem with my dad. I couldn't lift him. Can you make her comfortable with pillows and blankets. Do you have an inflatable mattress she could roll herself onto?

I would ring the ambulance again if they're not there yet. We had an incidence with my dad where the ambulance service had been called, had called us back, and still when we rang up to see how much longer it would be told us they had no record of the call!!

dogdayafternoon

Dec 30, 2017
Ambulance arrived after about 4 hours total wait, she was happy at first but they wanted to take her to hospital because of how long she had been on the floor.
She got angry saying she did not want to go, I left the room as I thought she will think it's my idea, heard the ambulance guy argue with her but to no avail, in the end they managed to get her up, she then refused an ecg, the ambulance guy said he needed to do it as she had been four hours on the floor and she replied she had not, in the end they let her stay, the ambulance guy said he thught she just understood what he was saying to her but it was boarderline and he would inform social services that he thought she was vulnerable.
She is happy now in bed, hope no more falls.

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Glad your wife is in bed, let's hope she gets some sleep and so do you. \it's a shame she didn't go to the hospital, it very much sounds like she needs a proper check up, Here's to tomorrow being a better day! Hope SS come and do a proper assessment soon.

Moggymad

May 12, 2017
I hope this time they will get her to the hospital. There's a reason why she is falling & it needs investigating plus she did tell you she felt unwell earlier on. It's a worry for you hope it's not as long a wait as they say.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh no. I hope they’ve arrived by now and that they’ve got her to hospital.

dogdayafternoon

Dec 30, 2017
Unfortunately no, this time they just sent the lifting team to get her on her feet and back to bed, good thing was only 1 hour wait. This morning she has trouble walking because of ankle pain, think she twisted it on the first fall and that lead to the scond fall.

dogdayafternoon

Dec 30, 2017
She can hardly walk today, her ankle does not look swolen but she say's very painful and she can hardly walk. I managed to get her out today just sitting in the car but now she cannot remember why her foot is painful, I told her about waiting on the floor for four hours but she does not remember.
Now I am worried about her going to the toilet through the night and falling again, she cannot poot any load on it, I hold both her hands and walk backwards to help her to the toilet.
I sleep upstairs so after I go to bed she is on her own.

dogdayafternoon

Dec 30, 2017
So a strange Christmas, first she woke in a good mood, I heard her limping in the hall and went to help her with her dressing gown, as I bent to drape the cord around her she kissed my cheek an unusual act of sweetness.
She remained in a good mood, when I asked what she wanted for breakfast she asked what day it was, I said Christmas and she said oh I will have a big breakfast in that case, she finally noticed the perfume i had bought her and was pleased.
I did what we usually do, make sandwiches and go for a long drive so when we return the day is almost over but this time she needed the toilet so I speeded home arriving about 4:30pm and she said no more long drives while her tummy is upset.
We had something light to eat at about 5:30pm and she suddenly got in a bad mood, did not want anything else and stormed off to her room at 7pm
She is better at understanding it was Christmas today than she was two years ago when I joined this forum but the small things like looking for what is in her handbag is worse.

dogdayafternoon

Dec 30, 2017
Last week was a bad week but the weekend was ok, on monday morning she was in a foul mood when i had a phone call from social sevices asking to visit (reccomended from the ambulance guy) she suggested today at 1:30 and I accepted without telling my wife, i only told her at 12:30 to give her a chance to get ready which she did while saying she would not meet anyone.
A nice young lady arrived on time and my wife in host mood acted well and i thought that's blown it.
After about an hour just as the lady was going my wife lost it and started talking about men in the house and repeating the same storey over and over.
The young lady acted very well, complemented my wife on her intelligence but that she thought she may have short term memory problem and needed to go to a memory clinic.
In the end my wife accepted for social services to call our GP and arrange a test.
As I showed the young lady out she asked how was i coping and i said just about.
This young lady from social services was very kind and sayed two hours in the end, hope my wife goes for a test, I know it's only the first step but something positive.

dogdayafternoon

Dec 30, 2017
Saturday started bad but I managed to get her happy and day ended well, Sunday she woke in a bad mood that got worse in the end I left for a few hours and returned with dinner, she finally picked up and had dinner.
Monday again in bad mood but picked up when I reminded her she could get her pension, we drove to a remote supermarket who's ATM only dispenses 10's and 5's which she likes, day ended ok.
This morning bad mood complaining about her sprained ankle not getting any better, finally had a little breakfast but then left to go in the small room where she stared talking to herself about how bad I was and how I should not have got married as I am gay (I am not)
In the end I left for two hours but when I returned she was worse so I left again returning about 5:30 pm. She was still angry, said she had phoned some old friends about these people I had let in the house to steal her rings and how bad I was treating her and they gave her the name of a good solicitor, in the end she ate some garlic bread refused anything else and stormed off to her bedroom.
I am reaching the point where I just want to go out all day, do not want to hear her talking lies about me.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Im sorry @dogdayafternoon - I think the accusation stage is possibly the worst.
At least Social Services saw the Hostess Mode slip and they know what it is really like. Best plan to not tell your wife about the SW coming until the last moment. I hope you can get your wife to the memory clinic
xx

dogdayafternoon

Dec 30, 2017
Received a copy of the report from social services, in the end i read it as saying wife has a problem husband is carer and both are managing.
Not heard anything from the memory clinic.
This morning she was cheerful, accepted breakfast, I got showered as I had to go out to get a new tyre fitted, as I got ready I realised her mood had changed into nasty mood.
When I returned after about an hour she was still in nasty mood, I just asked if she wanted lunch and we could go out, not with you she replied, I asked if she wants new strapping on her ankle again she replied not from you.
I will go out do the usual two hours and return to see if she has improved.

dogdayafternoon

Dec 30, 2017
Sunday was good, we had a long drive and she was happy but on the final leg home she got in a bad mood.
Monday bad morning so I left at noon returned at 2:00pm and she was good so we went shopping.
Tuesday good morning talked about wanting to go to the memory clinic and good all day, I felt happy.
Today good mood, she had breakfast, someone from a charity phoned asking if she wanted to meet to discuss her going into groups and she was happy. She had a shower at noon and said she was hungry so i started lunch but sudden cooling of her speech mad me realise she was going into a bad mood, she ate lunch but in a bad mood. I asked if she wanted to go out but no so I left at about 2:00pm returning at 4:30, still in bad mood but about 6:30 she came back in the lounge and ate a small dinner, much happier then she went to bed 7:30pm.
Still not heard from the GP about memory clinic that the lady from SS said she would ask for so not shure if I should phone the GP and ask, if the appointment is a good day she will go but in a bad mood no way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nana8455