Other Residents Miss Dad As Well

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by MaNaAk, Jul 6, 2019.

1. MaNaAk

MaNaAk Registered User

Jun 19, 2016
    Essex
    Hello Everyone!

Just letting you know that I am feeling a little better but every now and then little things remind me of dad and today I ran into one of the carers from dad's care home. She conveyed her sympathies for dad and we exchanged memories and I talked about the wheelchair incident. At this point she said that resident G (one of dad's female admirers) misses dad and of course whilst the carers miss him the other residents do as well although I shouldn't think resident G misses her wheelchair being pushed without her permission!

MaNaAk

2. Canadian Joanne

Canadian Joanne Volunteer Moderator

Apr 8, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Hi @MaNaAk, I'm glad to hear you're feeling a little better. I'm sure it warmed your heart that your father is missed by carers and residents alike. Your father must have been very memorable (all those female admirers :)).

3. MaNaAk

MaNaAk Registered User

Jun 19, 2016
    Essex
    Thankyou Joanne. Yes! I'm a little better and able to deal with my youngest invisible coming round and asking about the house. That said dad was very busy in the care home and this confirms that I made the right choice and he had a good last year.

MaNaAk