OT great, but need some help , what the right way of geting it

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
what make it worse is that another friend of mine from Gibraltar ring me tell me to come out and live they , she say put mum in care home in UK for 6 mouths , then say your not going back

and I so want to live in Gibraltar now , but my cousin out they says don' t bring mum over they don't have the support like they do in UK , wish that I could take mum over they put her in care home out they , but they only one care home so they a long waiting list, because I just cant leave mum in UK without visiting her even if my kids visit her .

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
what make it worse is that another friend of mine from Gibraltar ring me tell me to come out and live they , she say put mum in care home in UK for 6 mouths , then say your not going back

and I so want to live in Gibraltar now , but my cousin out they says don' t bring mum over they don't have the support like they do in UK , wish that I could take mum over they put her in care home out they , but they only one care home so they a long waiting list, because I just cant leave mum in UK without visiting her even if my kids visit her .

What would your Mum want for you if she was well? What would you want your kids to do if you were the one with AD?

I know it's not as simple as that and I'm afraid only you can make the decision.

A friend of mine has had a similar situation. She is Cypriot and her mum has lived with her in the UK for many years, but speaks little English. Her mum developed dementia and she could no longer cope with her at home. A care home in the UK was difficult due to the language barrier, so her mum went in to a care home in Cyprus. She speaks to her on the phone regularly and I don't think her mum realises that my friend is not just round the corner. She goes out to Cyprus regularly (every few months) to visit her and other family.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Maggie, if your mum was in a NH here, you could keep your house here, and spend as long as you liked in Gibraltar. Best of both worlds -- but only if you would be happy!:)

Love,

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
And would you want to live in Gibraltar whilst your children were here?

yes that a hard one

My son and another daughter have they own place, 2 daughter that live with me are at university older daughter who finish her master next September , becoming a social worker .

son who is 27 till me what make you happy go for it . other 2 daughter like the idea ..... older daughter just don' t want me to go and that down to because she has Epilepsy control with medication has not had a Seizures for 2 years now if she does not have any more seizures with in 3 year she has a choice to come of medication it be 3 years next june .

she never forgiven me for leaving her 5 years ago to sort , bring back mum to UK which took me 2 years living out they working full time caring for mum , because really deep down did not want to come back to UK , only when my daughter had a seizure in front of me in GIB , I brought mum brother back to UK with me . she said that I stress her out over mum , while she was in university .

well who could of ever for seen that she would of been diagnosed with Epilepsy and they no way I could tell her my plans to go back for good while she doing her master have to wait till she finishes it all next July

2 more years before younger daughter finish her Criminology with law degree that take me to age 5O , I suppose if I came down to planet reality and be realistic I could hold my dreams to live in Gibraltar till I am 50

yes sue if mum was fine she would of not minded me going to gibraltar, yes would want my kids to live they own lives , keep me safe in care home , but they all tell me no they would not do that .

I thought that also until your living with AD you cant realistically say that

Hazel my daughters could take over paying rent in house in UK , so it would be better to hold of as I don't really want to burden stress then with rent while they at university , while my older daughter tell me when she a SW she not paying rent she buying this house or buying get her own place.

So would hold my plans for my kids , but can't see myself caring for mum for more then a year as its pulling me down to much . shame really because I really wanted to do it , but its far to hard then I had visualized

Last edited:

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Gosh Maggie,

What a lot you have on your plate! Your Mum, your brother and your daughter....

You must make room for yourself :)

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Good new s that my brother finally after few years of me pushing for it, his finally got the support he needs and since coming back from respite I have only seen him once . I phone housing support they say his doing fine even controlling his own money they giving him full support leading to live on his own in the future. now that I do not handle his money he never come around , just when he feel like it.

You must make room for yourself

Am really trying really thanks , just so hard when I'm use to
pleasing every one all my life . what took me 2 years to bring back mum ,brother . may me relies how much I like living in Gibraltar and really deep down did not want to come back to England, because did not want my
teenager to see how much mum had change when she got AZ , while my daughter thought I was having a great time it was a nightmare really till mum got medication

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
SUE

Have all the relevant departments got the new address?
you was right thanks for bringing that to my attention

Just notice from the letter my doctor gave me to give to clinic for mum retinal screening , it has my old address is printed on letter so rang clinic told them , also rang doctor receptionist who tell me that yes they do have my new address , so cant understand how doctor letter has my old address printed on it , so I ask her does doctor have a different system then her , she no he should not .

she tell me just to change address on the letter he gave me , but that not point , me stressing as doctor telling me I am not taking mum to arrange appointment and its them doctor got it wrong not me

That mean that I wonder if the district nurses have change of address as I have not had a new delivery of mum pads

Last edited:

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I sorted it all out with the retinal screening clinic , they did have new address , but had not sent me appointment like doctor had said they did , because when I hone them last mouth I had ask for transport and they are having problem getting a driver as they driver is ill , so mum still on they list .

so I thought mum go blind , before they organize it so said to them I''ll get mum they so only next appointment is 21 December at 1O 3O am all good because that night have a party that I am invited to I'll need a drink after taking mum they , not really :p need drink , ...... because phone district nurses told them about mum needing pneumoccal vaccine and he gave me perception , she ask me if I could get mum doctor get it done , so told her no because doctor said that district nurses have to now come out as mum can't mental walk so needs transport , so told her about how I have to get mum to retinal screening clinic , she told me that I can pick up appreciation form for black cabs from post office , that organize black cabs that come around that can take wheelchairs and zimmer frame .

so district nurses are coming out to our home to give mum the vaccine :)

Last edited: